amuck-landowner

Request for Quote: Half Cab Colocation in California

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Howdy,

I'm currently looking (on behalf of a friend) into quotes and pricing for a half cab colocation in California (If they did go through with it, it'd be down the road in a few months).  

They're looking for the following:

1/2 cab, 15A at 120V, 1 Gbit uplink with 100 Mbit or 200 Mbit. 

They'd be bringing their own IPs, however quotes for IPs can also be considered.

Big plus, but not required, would be:

- Cab access (so segregated locked cab would be preferred so that we can send someone in locally to fix stuff)

Thanks!

Edit: As a note, all of these are unrelated to vpsBoard or its infrastructure. 

Last edited by a moderator:

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
We're at in Cali?

You can get a full cab +Gige  for $400 monthIncludes 42U Locking Cabinet, 20AMP Power, 1 Gbps Internet bandwidth

San Jose

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
In Los Angeles

20U Half Rack Colocation 
20A 120v Power Allocation, 16A 120v Usable
100Mbps Network Port
UPS Battery Backup
Emergency Auxiliary Power Generators
100% Power Uptime SLA
/26 IPv4 Allocation - 61 Usable IPs
/56 IPv6 Allocation - Millions of IPs
100Mbps  Bandwidth or 10TB Transfer (your choice)
24/7 KVM over IP On-Demand
$399/month, $0 setup fee

PowerUpHosting-Udit

Verified Provider
Any preferred location in CA? We have special tie up with Wilcon in Downtown Los Angeles where we extensively work with them, we have space that we can co-lease to you guys for a good amount, we have all our network equipment setup, that we can help you with along with providing support. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
We're at in Cali?

You can get a full cab +Gige  for $400 monthIncludes 42U Locking Cabinet, 20AMP Power, 1 Gbps Internet bandwidth

San Jose

Test IP?  Bandwidth blend?  

In Los Angeles

20U Half Rack Colocation 
20A 120v Power Allocation, 16A 120v Usable
100Mbps Network Port
UPS Battery Backup
Emergency Auxiliary Power Generators
100% Power Uptime SLA
/26 IPv4 Allocation - 61 Usable IPs
/56 IPv6 Allocation - Millions of IPs
100Mbps  Bandwidth or 10TB Transfer (your choice)
24/7 KVM over IP On-Demand
$399/month, $0 setup fee

Test IP for LA as well.  Thanks.

Any preferred location in CA? We have special tie up with Wilcon in Downtown Los Angeles where we extensively work with them, we have space that we can co-lease to you guys for a good amount, we have all our network equipment setup, that we can help you with along with providing support. 

Thanks mate.  Originally they were more leaning towards San Jose/San Francisco/Bay Area, however Los Angeles and overall anywhere on the West Coast is acceptable/looked into.  

If rack access is available (as in if this is a lockable cabinet), that'd be greatly preferred.  One of their guys will be able to get on site and will handle remote hand if needed.  

PowerUpHosting-Udit

Verified Provider
Thanks mate.  Originally they were more leaning towards San Jose/San Francisco/Bay Area, however Los Angeles and overall anywhere on the West Coast is acceptable/looked into.

That's great, as long as LA works out for them, I can definitely hook your friends up with a great deal, if someone wants to visit the DC then we can help them with the entire racking stuffs. 

If rack access is available (as in if this is a lockable cabinet), that'd be greatly preferred.  One of their guys will be able to get on site and will handle remote hand if needed.  

We have a very relationship with the data center, and my partner is a resident, while I travel across big time. So remote hands won't be an issue at all. Just submit a ticket or give a call and remote hands will be taken care off ASAP.

Yes, the rack is lockable, so we can get your friend a spare key to the Datacenter and another spare key for the Cabinet. Need to know what kind of hardware will they be moving in though, because if its Supermicro with IPMI access then we can setup a spare Cisco switch for them and get the IPMI up which would greatly help them to control everything remote. (For any hardware upgrade, they can easily give us a call).

qps

Verified Provider
HE was running a special for their space in the Bay Area - not sure if it is still going on or not.  Might be worth looking into.

VPS4LESS

Verified Provider
I Recommend deal directly with a data center not using a third party with space in a data center. that is what it sounds like the Powerup hosting guy is offering.

here is the direct link to deal with the data center directly and the price i said is the price you would pay

San Jose

https://he.net/colocation.html

$400/month Cabinet + GigeIncludes 42U Cabinet, Power, 1 Gbps Internet bandwidth Full Locking Cabinet 

Los Angeles

http://www.quadranet.com/colocation/los-angeles/ 

20U Half Rack Colocation 20A 120v Power Allocation, 16A 120v Usable100Mbps Network PortUPS Battery BackupEmergency Auxiliary Power Generators100% Power Uptime SLA/26 IPv4 Allocation - 61 Usable IPs/56 IPv6 Allocation - Millions of IPs100Mbps  Bandwidth or 10TB Transfer (your choice)24/7 KVM over IP On-Demand$399/month, $0 setup fee

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I Recommend deal directly with a data center not using a third party with space in a data center. that is what it sounds like the Powerup hosting guy is offering.

here is the direct link to deal with the data center directly and the price i said is the price you would pay

San Jose

https://he.net/colocation.html

$400/month Cabinet + GigeIncludes 42U Cabinet, Power, 1 Gbps Internet bandwidth Full Locking Cabinet 

Los Angeles

http://www.quadranet.com/colocation/los-angeles/ 

20U Half Rack Colocation 20A 120v Power Allocation, 16A 120v Usable100Mbps Network PortUPS Battery BackupEmergency Auxiliary Power Generators100% Power Uptime SLA/26 IPv4 Allocation - 61 Usable IPs/56 IPv6 Allocation - Millions of IPs100Mbps  Bandwidth or 10TB Transfer (your choice)24/7 KVM over IP On-Demand$399/month, $0 setup fee

Honestly I'm just keeping it open for them to decide.  Thanks for the link though.  

PowerUpHosting-Udit

Verified Provider

I don't think it really matters if you want to deal directly or not, what matters in the end is, what's added by us as a Value-added Service in the whole deal.

amuck-landowner