amuck-landowner

Robert Clarke DDoS'd Brings the Internet Down...

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
This lynchmob mentality against the kid is something I find somewhat disturbing.  While what he did was certainly a dick move, SolusVM was already known to be crap, and people should have already hardened against it.  Instead of blaming the kid for running the exploit (again, was a dick move), we should also blame the provider for not having taken any preventative steps knowing that SolusVM is a security disaster.
There's really no "instead of" to be forced into that equation. I realize you also said "also", but that is misleading. Maybe you meant instead of "just" blaming him.

I'd rather not bring up that nightmare situation again, but I need to clear some things up. The provider had no idea SolusVM was that bad or steps would have been taken. Not everyone goes around decoding SolusVM. The security was admittedly terrible (and I've barely had a good night's sleep since), but that doesn't make it less sinister for someone to break in. Perhaps the worst part is that the action was motivated by an envious obsession which is clearly still at work as you and I both know.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
There's really no "instead of" to be forced into that equation. I realize you also said "also", but that is misleading. Maybe you meant instead of "just" blaming him.

I'd rather not bring up that nightmare situation again, but I need to clear some things up. The provider had no idea SolusVM was that bad or steps would have been taken. Not everyone goes around decoding SolusVM. The security was admittedly terrible (and I've barely had a good night's sleep since), but that doesn't make it less sinister for someone to break in. Perhaps the worst part is that the action was motivated by an envious obsession which is clearly still at work as you and I both know.
Probably, but I'm not really qualified to discuss their psychological status. :p

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
This lynchmob mentality against the kid is something I find somewhat disturbing.  While what he did was certainly a dick move
Oh please, he's a serial asshole who should be run out of the hosting industry, along with, in my opinion, anyone who continues to support him, whether it be his upstream or his terrible, overindulgent parents.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
The best predictor of future behavior is past performance. 
Not allowing a second chance?

Yup I know a lot of people ruined even the third change - but sometimes people grow up.

Perhaps the worst part is that the action was motivated by an envious obsession which is clearly still at work as you and I both know.
If I look at the timing - your timezone (sleeping time) - it was an planned attack.

Quite some accidents to manage to get the maximum damage out of a test.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
RobertClarke spreading factually untrue BS about other providers earlier...

Screenshots of another hosts ahhh revenue.... weird stuff.  Trying to pass them off as another host's info... Question is, why did Clarke post the screencaps of the provider he did  [claimed to be GVH] since such appears to be from a provider [actually was Clamhost] in a protracted public spat with their mutual landlord [Centarra].

More of the same from Clarke. 

ChrisK

Verified Provider

Screenshots of another hosts ahhh revenue.... weird stuff.  Trying to pass them off as another host's info... Question is, why did Clarke post the screencaps of the provider he did  [claimed to be GVH] since such appears to be from a provider [actually was Clamhost] in a protracted public spat with their mutual landlord [Centarra].

More of the same from Clarke. 

QHy3xmX.jpg

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Better question would be, why is anyone giving him the time of day?
That's a good question.   Guess the Clarke kid needs more permaban or a proper ass whooping...  I think the later.

Unsure why he has other hosts finance screencaps.  Strange shit-uation.

Must document the shit headedness.  Especially when the little condom leak with legs goes poking my name in that monkey shit.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
For those of us that have no idea why you bumped this months-dead thread, what happened?
:) There were screenshots thrown out from Clarke claiming to be a GVH hack....  Unsure of origin or how he got such [they were not GVH's].... they appear to be Clamhost's.   Clamhost has some protracted never ending dramarama with Centarra:

see:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/32111/another-chris-kondrat-scam-avantehosting-centarra-refusal-ship-of-our-hw

Centarra folks were egging Clarke on in his campaign...  Seemed to be some inside joke amongst them.

Someone pinged me when the stuff started swirling in the bowl [on IRC] and Clarke went and mentioned me in his little pre-game plotting.

So I bumped this thread since it's more of Clarke's kiddie behavior and Clarke just loves this thread.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
There were screenshots thrown out from Clarke claiming to be a GVH hack....  Unsure of origin or how he got such [they were not GVH's].... they appear to be Clamhost's. 
I see 3 spoiled brat suburban fucktard children listed in that quote (ServerCrate, GreenValueHost, ClamHost) but I don't see any real providers so inquiring minds want to know who was the provider he was spreading BS about?  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I see 3 spoiled brat suburban fucktard children listed in that quote (ServerCrate, GreenValueHost, ClamHost) but I don't see any real providers so inquiring minds want to know who was the provider he was spreading BS about?  :)
They really need to stop it with the silver spoons and get them pacifiers instead.

But but you left Centarra off the burban brat pack.   Why no love :) ?

Crate + Centarra there on IRC running the little circus field trip.  Unsure why they were dinging around GVH with ClamHost's screens...

Kids ought to stick to MineCruft and making gay jokes instead.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
'tis because nobody knows or cares who Robert Clarke is - so he feels no responsibility for his actions.  Ask a moderator to s/Robert Clarke/ServerCrate/g this thread, and start mentioning his "company" (or his father) instead of his name from here out, and watch how fast he backpedals and cuts the bullshit.

amuck-landowner