amuck-landowner

RobertClarke/Server Crate back ?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Doesn't appear to have done any good unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

sv01

Slow but sure
btw, last time I check the offer there are at least 2 posting, but now they're gone. WHT clean up.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Doesn't appar to have done any good unfortunately.
I also fired off a PM to bear and anon-e-mouse last night (~7-8 hours ago). I imagine they're going to take the time to look over everything that was turned into them carefully before making any decisions. Remember, we're just another provider to them, and I'm sure they see provider vs provider spats all the time - you can't fault them for fact checking and getting a consensus before doing something as major as banning or revoking another "providers" (I still can't say that about Clarke with a straight face) access.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Oh I would agree wholeheartedly however the main difference here being his actions have been plastered all over the net for the past week or so. He has admitted himself that he did attempt to see if the exploit existed on RamNode's master as well as some others. His own admission should be pretty solid ground for a kick off. The have undoubtedly received a large number of reports for his thread from both providers and Joe Bloggs so you would presume it's a no-brainer.

I've seen the staff at WHT do a lot worse for a lot less in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
The fact of the matter is, no matter what Robert did or did not do, no one will trust him for a long, long time. If he gets sued (successfully or not), the trouble might teach him a lesson and make him a more respectable person, but that will be a while.

He actually gave me a VPS to review before all this mess, but I don't think I owe that to him any more.

amuck-landowner