amuck-landowner

Routers for use with local ISP - some sort of API

shovenose

Verified Provider
I'm looking for something I can use to manage the entire network from the website.

I know that if I use the UniFi AP series from Ubiquiti it is centrally managed but I'm going to running a combo wireless/fiber/copper network not using WiFi.

Thanks!

Rob T

Verified Provider
Do the Ubiquiti EdgeRouters interface with their API?  They are cheap and are working pretty well for a few of our smaller customers.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Do the Ubiquiti EdgeRouters interface with their API?  They are cheap and are working pretty well for a few of our smaller customers.
Well the UniFi AP wireless devices have the centrally managed system (for which I'm sure there is or I can build an API) but I was looking at the ERLite that arrived here earlier today and it doesn't seem to have any sort of central management, just its own.

Last edited by a moderator:

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
The ERL only has the built in web gui as well as the CLI. The CLI is accessible via ssh however and can be worked with just like a Vyatta instance. It's pretty easy to use and could be a good solution if you assign the ERL a static IP.

Edit: You could use something like dyndns for assigning dynamic IP's if that's what you want to do.

shovenose

Verified Provider
The ERL only has the built in web gui as well as the CLI. The CLI is accessible via ssh however and can be worked with just like a Vyatta instance. It's pretty easy to use and could be a good solution if you assign the ERL a static IP.

Edit: You could use something like dyndns for assigning dynamic IP's if that's what you want to do.
Not sure how dyndns would be helpful, thanks for the input though. Still thinking and if you have any more ideas i'm still here :)

amuck-landowner