amuck-landowner

Running your own small CalDAV server

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I was searching for an easy to install CalDAV server (calendar, contacts and todos) and found Baïkal.

The installation is really easy because it just needs an php enabled webserver.

Apache, ngnix and lighttpd are fine.

Steps:

The configuration is quite easy too:

baikal1.jpg

baikal2.jpg

baikal3.jpg

baikal4.jpg

Now just add users and calendars.

If you need the URLs for a specific client look at the end of the INSTALL,md.

If you do prefer Python use Radicale.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh nice! How do you enjoy the software? Find it useful? Heck, I don't even run a local calendar but perhaps I should.

Looks neat anyhow. I've got an idle VPS somewhere, I am sure. I may play with this later :)

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Oh nice! How do you enjoy the software? Find it useful? Heck, I don't even run a local calendar but perhaps I should.
I wanted to get rid of google calendar.

Baïkal runs fine with Thunderbird, Sunbird, iPhone, Android, ... so a ideal replacement - including todo lists.

Nyr

Checked Baikal when I was migrating out of Google and it was decent, but I needed to manually fix some little things on the database to make it work. It's a nice project anyway and SQLite support is nice.

I ended up using ownCloud, which can work with SQLite too and has a web interface to manage the contacts.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Checked Baikal when I was migrating out of Google and it was decent, but I needed to manually fix some little things on the database to make it work. It's a nice project anyway and SQLite support is nice.

I ended up using ownCloud, which can work with SQLite too and has a web interface to manage the contacts.
See, for me OwnCloud has felt pretty flaky for me seeming they had that Client-side time issue in the configurations (like a few months ago?) and also just didn't feel like it was rock solid. It felt pretty flimsy to me (Yeah I know this is all relative). Maybe I should give it a try again.

Nyr

See, for me OwnCloud has felt pretty flaky for me seeming they had that Client-side time issue in the configurations (like a few months ago?) and also just didn't feel like it was rock solid. It felt pretty flimsy to me (Yeah I know this is all relative). Maybe I should give it a try again.

I wanted to use ownCloud's client for Mac and it was nearly unusable, ended up with BTSync.

Anyway, I don't feel like ownCloud it's rock solid yet, however the CardDAV/CalDAV part works good.

Raymii

Owncloud's caldav is one of the more stable parts of owncloud... Göing to Troy thuis out, looks Nice.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Thank you all for pointing to owncloud.

Did not know that owncloud does support caldav too.

noen

Anyone tested setting up Baïkal on ISPconfig running Nginx and MySQL?
The installation seems ok, but can't connect from my iPhone (iOS7).. The logs just show a http-error 405.. :(
Have tried with rewrite-rules, but with the same result.

My plan is to set it with a calendar and addressbook in Roundcube, so if anyone have some tips on

how to do that aswell, please share.. :)

amuck-landowner