amuck-landowner

Seeking writers

jarland

The ocean is digital
I am seeking writers for a new website/blog that will host the following content:

- Tutorials

- Reviews

- News

- Offers

All content in the context of a minimal setup or, lets call it what everyone is thinking, a low end "box." This site will be operated transparently and checks and balances will be a valued philosophy in how the site is run (more on that as it is hammered out).

Anyone who would like to be a part of this please send me a message here :)

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Great ! more competition :D

Good luck Jarland, Hope you get a better respons (articles written) then what I got when I asked for it.... no I'm not bitter ..... :ph34r:

blergh

Verified Provider
Isn't it better to join forces with Mikho? Or is it all about the cockflopping and bragging-rights?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Definitely should be cooperation when and where able to.  No need to have mass duplication and fragmentation.

Problem I saw with LET was encouraging people to contribute content like tutorials, but there wasn't any incentive.  Knowing what we do now about LET/LEB, they should have been spending revenue reinvesting in the site, perhaps paying for tutorials here and there.

mikho

Definitely should be cooperation when and where able to.  No need to have mass duplication and fragmentation.

Problem I saw with LET was encouraging people to contribute content like tutorials, but there wasn't any incentive.  Knowing what we do now about LET/LEB, they should have been spending revenue reinvesting in the site, perhaps paying for tutorials here and there.
I'm up for it if people are interested, I have even offered paying for articles but noone submitted anything.

A few were interested in writing but when I asked for material ... nothing... 

blergh

Verified Provider
I'm up for it if people are interested, I have even offered paying for articles but noone submitted anything.

A few were interested in writing but when I asked for material ... nothing... 
I feel somewhat guilty for this, but as you know per our previous communications I have that other sekrit wiki

mikho

I feel somewhat guilty for this, but as you know per our previous communications I have that other sekrit wiki
You are not the only one :) I had some long-going talks with a few others that said they were interested.

Not to derail this thread to much, I will later on post a thread about some ideas that I had in mind to bring it into "the future". But that will be voiced in another thread.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Isn't it better to join forces with Mikho? Or is it all about the cockflopping and bragging-rights?
As much as I like to support others in what they are doing, I have been receiving nothing but opportunities to back someone else's blog/forum as a "replacement" for another site. I haven't the time or energy to be on the administration team of so many sites or to be as regular of a visitor as they would like. Combined with people repeatedly saying things to me like "you're the only one I would trust do it" I just felt this was the right move. If I'm not doing it for other people I'm not doing it at all. We all know traffic doesn't just appear, and clearly Catalyst can have little benefit from it to keep the conflict of interest down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

blergh said:
As much as I like to support others in what they are doing, I have been receiving nothing but opportunities to back someone else's blog/forum as a "replacement" for another site. I haven't the time or energy to be on the administration team of so many sites or to be as regular of a visitor as they would like. Combined with people repeatedly saying things to me like "you're the only one I would trust do it" I just felt this was the right move. If I'm not doing it for other people I'm not doing it at all. We all know traffic doesn't just appear, and clearly Catalyst can have little benefit from it to keep the conflict of interest down.
I could discuss this with you and Curtis sometime.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mikho

Just to make things clear, I have never directly asked Jarland or anyone else about help in anyway. All questions has been public, looking for writers. Consider it "community research".

I never considered my site as a replacement to another site, having the same intentions as Curtis and vpsboard.

IF jarland and catalyst or anyone else for that matter.... feel free to contact me. If not, feel free to start something else. It's the internet... often it's already out there one way or another. :D

jarland

The ocean is digital
Just to make things clear, I have never directly asked Jarland or anyone else about help in anyway. All questions has been public, looking for writers. Consider it "community research".

I never considered my site as a replacement to another site, having the same intentions as Curtis and vpsboard.

IF jarland and catalyst or anyone else for that matter.... feel free to contact me. If not, feel free to start something else. It's the internet... often it's already out there one way or another. :D
Personally I see no reason I can't link to your site as well :)

Certainly nothing against anything you've done, it's just easier to let everyone down than it is to say "I choose you." I've always found that true.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
@jarland, I will help you out, depending on what you need of course, drop me a line on G+ or something.

Lee

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I do like to write reviews and tuts. Do they have to be exclusive?

My first thought on your post was: "Nice idea to have a blog that summs up (cleans up) really good posts of this forum". The blog could link to the thread in this forum too.

• Blog gets good content from forum
  • Forum gets new users/posts from blog
Looks like a win/win situation.

Personally I do not like the comment system of blogs. If they do not use disqus you have to register to each single blog.

amuck-landowner