amuck-landowner

Servercomplete vs Wholesaleinternet

earl

Hi, just curious with everyone's experience on Servercomplete and Wholesaleinternet..

I recently purchase two servers with identical specs one from SC and another from WII.. I'm thinking of only keeping one, they are basically priced about the same, with WII costing $4 more, the Specs are as follows..

Dual Quad Core Xeon 5520 (8 physical cores, 16 virtual cores)
24GB RAM

1TB SATA Hard Drive
100Mbit Unmetered Port
5 usable IPv4 IPs

IPMI

SC Pros:

- Awesome Support! replies are pretty quick and they are very helpful

- The billing/server manger panel is pretty neat similar to OVH with provisioning for automated OS reload and a panel which list all the specs of your server / monitor temp , reverse DNS etc

-Will allow you to send in your own Hard Drives

-IPMI will be on a VPN

-Offers a managed service option for a fee

SC Cons:

- No IPV6 at the moment should be available in 1-2 months

-No IPMI at the moment should be available in 1-2 months since they are working on a VPN solution for IPMI access.

-The 100 Mbit is really limited to 100Mbit cannot download more than 11MB/s

-Need to associate MAC to IP's  for it to work in KVM not necessary for OVZ

WII Pros:

-Probably on a 1Gbit port even thought it states 100 Mbit, see lots of folks get way over 11MB/s

-Free DA

-Cheap cPanel VPS license

-IP's on private vlan no MAC to IP association required

WII Cons:

-Sales/billing takes ages to reply

-Iffy tech support depends who you get really, but overall acceptable

-No server management service offered.

Not sure if SC is considered a premium host but they do feel like it to me, WII is definitely more so a budget host but I've had pretty good experience so far.. let me know what you guys think..

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
GoRACK's bandwidth used to be good. I hear they have 2 networks now (normal and premium) so I don't know what it's like now.

earl

WII gets my vote! I'm a sucker for good bandwidth.
Honestly I'm weening more towards WII cause they seem to give you more bang for the buck! bandwidth being a big factor.. I can do 50MB/s on my C2Q at WII where looking at 11MB/s at SC is a real killer!

earl

From the offer page at WHT they mentioned "Our network currently consists of nLayer/GTT and TeliaSonera." and "Route Optomized Network" not sure what that means? premium network maybe?

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
The only downside for me is the support, I've gotten some really short responses from them. I'm currently waiting for a response from them on a hard drive upgrade and it's been a full day so far.

But the server is amazing for the price :)

earl

The only downside for me is the support, I've gotten some really short responses from them. I'm currently waiting for a response from them on a hard drive upgrade and it's been a full day so far.

But the server is amazing for the price :)
YUP.. depends on who you get really, one time I think they restarted the wrong server, definitely was not mine they restarted

but really after it's all setup I don't really need support so not a biggie..

but they really should do something about billing it's like trying to talk to OVH! where they take two days to reply back and closed on weekends!

earl

The actual tech support is very willing to help though!
Tech support is ok.. but I do get the feeling that "if it ain't broke don't fix it" type thing with WII,  where with SC I don't get that! they seem pretty competent but then again it's only been couple of days

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Daniel is a great guy, prices are awesome. Network is great, Have had servers with him for a while now. No direct support requests via the support portal though so cannot comment on that.

earl

Daniel is a great guy, prices are awesome. Network is great, Have had servers with him for a while now. No direct support requests via the support portal though so cannot comment on that.
Network does seem to be good.. I think I was disconnected from a VNC session at WII while VNC was still up at SC, but again 11MB/s compared to 50MB/s at WII is kinda hard to disregard..

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Speed is always nice but I prefer stability.

Number of threads I've ever seen for SC down: 0

Number of threads I've seen for WII down: At least 1 a month

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
@KuJoe - Really? Interesting. I've had mine for about a month now and not had a single outage of any type that wasn't/isn't planned.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I don't have any servers with them so I don't really have any experience, maybe people just keep bumping the same threads.

earl

Number of threads I've seen for WII down: At least 1 a month
Yes I've noticed this.. it's not hour long outages but short spurts long enough to disconnect a session.. one time I think they accidentally pulled the power plug to the switch which my server was on.. at least they were honest and told me..

Also I noticed that at SC I get download speeds of 95Mbps but my upload speed never gets past 65Mbps at WII I'm getting 250 Mbps upload & download

amuck-landowner