amuck-landowner

ServerCrate compromised

blergh

Verified Provider
Recovering backups can sometimes just mean that those nodes were not nuked.  The provider then puts on some spin that they managed to save the day for at least some of their clients.  Not saying it happened in this case.  Why do I not see Servercrate advertise anywhere?
I doubt he'd do it just for the PR. He's discontinuing the VPS-branch/services very soon as far as i know. This would also explain the lack of advertising.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Recovering backups can sometimes just mean that those nodes were not nuked.  The provider then puts on some spin that they managed to save the day for at least some of their clients.  Not saying it happened in this case.  Why do I not see Servercrate advertise anywhere?
The restore was a bare metal restore.  The other two nodes had /vz in tact, so the configuration was rebuilt after a reinstall.

This is in part, why they recommend putting /vz on it's own filesystem.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
He's discontinuing the VPS-branch/services very soon as far as i know. This would also explain the lack of advertising.
So now he's recovering his VPS service just to retire it?

In light of "we were just hacked", "our owner hacks other providers", and "we will be closing shop soon anyway" this page makes for hilarious reading:

https://servercrate.com/why-us.php

Another example of why it's impossible for me to take teenage hosts seriously.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I doubt he'd do it just for the PR. He's discontinuing the VPS-branch/services very soon as far as i know. This would also explain the lack of advertising.

I think the lack of advertising by the little spoiled brat shit is better explained by the fact that he is banned from WebHostingTalk and LowEndTalk and therefore can't advertise on hosting forums.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
I think he disagrees.

[3/5/14, 8:09:42 PM] Robert: Kindly tell this "blergh" person that he's completely speaking out of his ass

[3/5/14, 8:09:46 PM] Robert: I've never said that anywhere

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
I think he disagrees.

[3/5/14, 8:09:42 PM] Robert: Kindly tell this "blergh" person that he's completely speaking out of his ass

Couldn't he just say that himself? Or is he banned here or something?

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
No idea.  That's just what he told me when I asked him about it on Skype.

blergh

Verified Provider
I think he disagrees.

Servercrate/shovenose - Same shit different name.

amuck-landowner