amuck-landowner

Sever Status 3 Beta

mojeda

Hey all, figured I'd let you all know here that I've released Server Status 3 as Beta which can be received via the Server Status beta branch on github: https://github.com/mojeda/ServerStatus/tree/beta

I actually decided to change a lot of what I hard originally planned in my previous .?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

While it is beta, I think it's pretty usable as well as stable I've been using it for a very long time as I've been developing it and I've not encountered any issues. There might be some sloppy code as I've had to do a lot of changes over development so cleaning that up a lot will come a bit later.

What's Changed?

• Cached Data
  • New Default Theme
  • Easier to create custom themes
  • Uptime monitoring
  • Downtime history
  • Additional Ping Status Theme, for showing weekly uptime data (think pingdom)
  • No longer needs mySQL.
  • uptime.php files can be protected so they can't be viewed by the public in their raw format (optional).
I'll probably create a legacy theme, for those who liked the style in Server Status 2, however this isn't a priority.

Links:

Enjoy :)

If mods could please lock my old thread found at:  that would be nice, to prevent people from posting in the old one should that happen.

Edit:

Here are some pictures:

index.php

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

wrox

Hey there @mojeda! As a loyal user of your previous Server Status scripts - thank you, I will make sure to try this out. Appreciated!

noen

I tried setting the new beta up on a new vps (Debian7, Nginx+php5-fpm), but have some problems getting the json-files generated..

I get the files generated in cache/, but nothing in uptime/ ..

Had to fix some paths to get rid off some php-errors, but now I got no errors, but still does not work.. :(

Anyone got it working?

Edit: Almost forgot, thank you for all your work @mojeda  :wub:

mojeda

I tried setting the new beta up on a new vps (Debian7, Nginx+php5-fpm), but have some problems getting the json-files generated..

Had to fix some paths to get rid off some php-errors, but now I got no errors, but still does not work.. :(

Anyone got it working?

Edit: Almost forgot, thank you for all your work @mojeda  :wub:
Did you setup the cronjobs for the scripts in cron scripts? You need to move the folder within cron scripts (ping/) to a safe place (not accessible to the web so above public_html in most cases).

Make sure to edit the pinger script as well as trim.php and make sure that the paths are correct.

noen

Did you setup the cronjobs for the scripts in cron scripts? You need to move the folder within cron scripts (ping/) to a safe place (not accessible to the web so above public_html in most cases).

Make sure to edit the pinger script as well as trim.php and make sure that the paths are correct.
Yes, I made the cronjobs, and corrected the paths in pinger and in trim, and even run the two files manually to see if any errors accured..

But maybe I messed something up somewhere.. I'll try setting it up from scratch after work..

Btw, in the install instructions, maybe you should/could add the hostname-field in the $servers array example..

wrox

I have a similar issue: My files are generated in the uptime folder, but not in the cache one.

As my server status is not located at root, I had to change some paths in themes/default/header.php, but it is still not working:

snNI7mK.png

In addition to this, my server.php / detailed page appears white: http://i.imgur.com/iEZiYho.png

I have followed the installation instructions - I set permissions, edited all paths, made sure the uptime.php files do work, checked the uptime folder. Maybe I or my server might be missing something!

mojeda

Yes, I made the cronjobs, and corrected the paths in pinger and in trim, and even run the two files manually to see if any errors accured..

But maybe I messed something up somewhere.. I'll try setting it up from scratch after work..

Btw, in the install instructions, maybe you should/could add the hostname-field in the $servers array example..

I have a similar issue: My files are generated in the uptime folder, but not in the cache one.

As my server status is not located at root, I had to change some paths in themes/default/header.php, but it is still not working:

snNI7mK.png

In addition to this, my server.php / detailed page appears white: http://i.imgur.com/iEZiYho.png

I have followed the installation instructions - I set permissions, edited all paths, made sure the uptime.php files do work, checked the uptime folder. Maybe I or my server might be missing something!
What happens when you guys run the pinger script manually? Any errors?

just do ./pinger within the folder where it is at.

wrox

What happens when you guys run the pinger script manually? Any errors?

just do ./pinger within the folder where it is at.
I personally get no output, the script runs as it should and seems to generate a .json file in the uptime folder. If the file already exists, it adds a new line with hostname, ping information and time.

mojeda

I personally get no output, the script runs as it should and seems to generate a .json file in the uptime folder. If the file already exists, it adds a new line with hostname, ping information and time.
Ok your issue might be that your config file is missing the hostname part, which I didn't have in the original example.

See the updated config.dist.php file to see if yours is similar:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mojeda/ServerStatus/beta/includes/config.dist.php

Edit:

the Hostname in the config.php file needs to match that of what is in your server.list file.

noen

I ended up deleting all the files on my webserver, downloading the zip again, and setting it up, and got it running. I think maybe the server.list-file is where my fault was.. Can't remember that I edited that file the first time..

Now it seems to work fine:

89BF1rQ.png

Alfa is a webserver running VestaCP, that one workes fine.
Bravo is the server that I run ServerStatus on, cant get anything other than ping to work there.
NP is a webserver running a wordpress blog, cant get anything other than ping to work there eather.. 
Both Bravo and NP is lowend servers, so maybe I not to install something more on them to get it working? Debian7+Nginx+PHP5 are set up, do I need anything more to get the uptime.php file working?

When i browse to upload.php I get this:
{"uptime":"1 day","hostname":"bravo","memory":"

\n
<\/div>\n<\/div>","hdd":"
\n
<\/div>\n<\/div>","load":0.47,"online":"
\n
Up<\/small><\/div>\n<\/div>"}

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Am I the only one that freaks out every time there is a now post in this thread and the words "Sever status" shows up?

No one noticed?

Could a mod please update the thread title?

amuck-landowner