amuck-landowner

Sever Status 3 Beta

mojeda

Kind of a quick update:

Been kicking the idea of redoing the default theme to match the style of @Nikki's which I thought had a pretty good layout.

2015-01-25_23-54-57.png

That also being said, the bottom one "sites" is different than the others as it's being served by netcat which runs some commands to pull the data, hopefully a nice alternative to those who don't want to have to run webserver + php in order to monitor the server.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Looks nice @mojeda.  Is the netcat approach a new to be released feature for your project?  Or is it already in public downloadable?

mojeda

Looks nice @mojeda.  Is the netcat approach a new to be released feature for your project?  Or is it already in public downloadable?
I'll have to patch the netcat support into the beta branch as I have to do a little more with it since there's more information being provided by it than uptime.php currently.

To get an idea of what the bash script looks like take a look at the original provided by @BlueVM https://github.com/mojeda/ServerStatus/blob/dev/status.sh

I've modified a couple of things to get what I have now and it seems to be working pretty good. The only problem right now is because of the changes made I've had to ditch the current method in which data is loaded, which affected when SS would pull a fresh copy of server data from servers so I'm going to have to look into some other solutions to get it back to where it should be. (I was never fond of the existing method).

Nikki

Kind of a quick update:

Been kicking the idea of redoing the default theme to match the style of @Nikki's which I thought had a pretty good layout.

That also being said, the bottom one "sites" is different than the others as it's being served by netcat which runs some commands to pull the data, hopefully a nice alternative to those who don't want to have to run webserver + php in order to monitor the server.
Love the icons and layout :)

mojeda

A quick update on the SS3 Beta for everyone here:

Note this will be a future update (I haven't updated the git repo yet). I gotta test a few more things and then I'll update :)

Ping Script Modifications
It will now be possible for the ping script to automatically query your configuration for a list of servers (instead of creating server.list file manually).

It will still be possible for yourself to create lists or even query the configuration for a specific list of servers based on given parameters so that you may queue multiple ping scripts should you want to.

New Server Data Pull Script
Server data is no longer pulled when visiting the web page via the pull.php script, it is now handled by a bash script that runs via cron job. I believed this to be a much better option as current data will always be available on page load, vs waiting for pull.php to run on the page.

The benefit to this, is also that it paves way for graph data for load, storage, ram, uptime finally.

Netcat Support
A new method of monitoring servers will be via a bash script utilizing netcat. Because this utilizes bash, it's possible to now pull additional data, much easier and no longer requires having to install a web server and php.

index.php

Default Theme Update
I've updated the default theme to return to a list view instead of the grid style.

index.php

Changes to Storing Uptime/History Data
Over time your uptime and now history folders will receive files every day, it can get to be a lot. The new ping and pull scripts will now store data as follows <hostname>/<YYYY>/<Mth/<mmddyyyy>.json

Example: server.domain.tld/2015/Apr/04162015.json.

This limits the folders to have a maximum of 31 files per folder, making it much more organized and can help when browsing the folders in a file manager.

Note this will be a future update (I haven't updated the git repo yet). I gotta test a few more things and then I'll update :)

amuck-landowner