amuck-landowner

Simple server monitoring - Feedback appreciated (Public beta)

NQ-Joe

Any idea how much the < 10 server version will cost after the beta period?
Not really, the public beta started just a few weeks ago and we need more time to estimate things. I am hoping it to be in the price range of a low end VPS though.

GIANT_CRAB

Hi, I am unable to register.

It just gives me the error "Session expired".

Web browser is Opera 12 on Windows 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

NQ-Joe

Hi, I am unable to register.

It just gives me the error "Session expired".

Web browser is Opera 12 on Windows 7.
Do you allow session cookies to be sent? Our forms use a CSRF token to validate the integrity of a request. "Session expired" is basically the error whenever something is wrong with those tokens.

GIANT_CRAB

Do you allow session cookies to be sent? Our forms use a CSRF token to validate the integrity of a request. "Session expired" is basically the error whenever something is wrong with those tokens.
Yes, but I don't see any sessions or cookies stored on my browser.

clarity

I have to say that I created an account here today, and the monitoring is pretty awesome! For me the cost after beta will be pretty important, but I am enjoying it right now. I just got my first email for a load issue, and the interface is very nice. A simple, clean design that shows you everything that I would want to know.

GIANT_CRAB

I am sorry, I totally missed your last reply. Did you by any chance try another browser? I've tested with Opera on Mac and it was working fine.
Works fine on other browsers, just not this Opera 12.

I think you might using the web kit Opera (Opera 13+) to test.

Really odd.

BeastVM_Aaron

Is nodequery like ''nodewatch'' ? Looks better than ''nodewatch'' so if NodeQuery got same features or more i'd like to try NodeQuery then :)

Is NodeQuery got web based control panel ?

NQ-Joe

Works fine on other browsers, just not this Opera 12.

I think you might using the web kit Opera (Opera 13+) to test.

Really odd.
I checked again with Opera 12.0.1 on Mac and the cookies were working fine. However, the graphs were not so I wouldn't recommend using it with our service anyway.

Is nodequery like ''nodewatch'' ? Looks better than ''nodewatch'' so if NodeQuery got same features or more i'd like to try NodeQuery then :)

Is NodeQuery got web based control panel ?
I didn't know Nodewatch before but what I understood from their website is that they provide anti-abuse monitoring. Our service is much simpler, providing you with basic metrics like uptime, system and network load. It is not a replacement for enterprise monitoring but rather a simple solution for developers and small servers.

GIANT_CRAB

I checked again with Opera 12.0.1 on Mac and the cookies were working fine. However, the graphs were not so I wouldn't recommend using it with our service anyway.

I didn't know Nodewatch before but what I understood from their website is that they provide anti-abuse monitoring. Our service is much simpler, providing you with basic metrics like uptime, system and network load. It is not a replacement for enterprise monitoring but rather a simple solution for developers and small servers.

I've just registered using Firefox instead =_=

EDIT:

First bug I noticed - my disk is a 1TB drive yet they displayed 2TB total.

Used 26GB yet it displayed 68GB.

(Btw, I'm using SSD caching via Flashcache (writeback) and the SSD is 128GB with 100GB partition used for cache.)

Last edited by a moderator:

NQ-Joe

I've just registered using Firefox instead =_=

EDIT:

First bug I noticed - my disk is a 1TB drive yet they displayed 2TB total.

Used 26GB yet it displayed 68GB.

(Btw, I'm using SSD caching via Flashcache (writeback) and the SSD is 128GB with 100GB partition used for cache.)
Thank you for your feedback. Detecting the correct disk space is a little tricky at times. Would you mind sending me the output of 'df' via email or private message?

dano

Finally had a moment to try out NodeQuery -- so far, it's quite simple and has a nice interface/frontend that is fast, and displays useful data that is important to most people that run systems. From what I can tell so far, the single node I have configured seems to be sending accurate data.

Thanks for the public beta trial, and I will let you know if I see anything odd or behaving strange - good job NQ-joe!

amuck-landowner