amuck-landowner

Sleeping hours

Chronic

4-6 hours, depends on the day. I sometimes take a 20 minute nap during the day if I feel tired, but I've managed to adapt to the sleeping schedule so I don't really feel tired. I'd rather not think about what this kind of a schedule will do to my body eventually, it's certainly not healthy.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
4-5 hours usually, find it hard to stay asleep any longer because I feel uncomfortable lying down for longer periods. Had about four last night.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'd rather not think about what this kind of a schedule will do to my body eventually, it's certainly not healthy

Well I spent a decade working like a slave in a gold mine (i.e. 2-4 hours of sleep a night with binge sleeping some weekends).  Your 20's are a good time for that if unmarried and childless.

Lots of folks here are sleeping 4 hours or even less.  That is bad folks.

What will that do?   It takes time off of your life (yes, so does sleeping).  Your body will age poorly and increases onset of major health issues earlier.

Certainly increases likelihood of heart attacks.   See lots of Type A personalities with heart problems by mid 30's.

The issue is simply, while sleeping, your body cleans up and regenerates.  Failure to allow the body to do this means more toxins in the body and more damaged cells lingering.

Sleep hacking is what some of you need.  At minimum, start taking a nap or two during the work day.   20 minutes can do wonders, if you can calm down.

If you are self employed there are a few varieties of sleep hacking that involve a period of 4 hour awake, then a 45 minute sleep.  There are different varieties of this sleep schedule and some claim it works once use to such.   Unsure if anyone on the planet has adhered to such for more than a few years tops.

No matter what you do, when sleep deprived, do your best for proper hygiene and proper nutrition including nutrient supplementation as needed.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Your 20's are a good time for that if unmarried and childless. Lots of folks here are sleeping 4 hours or even less.
That is bad folks. What will that do? It takes time off of your life. Your body will age poorly and increases onset of major health issues earlier.
So true.

Your job is only something someone is paying you for because he do not want to do it himself.

You get used to a lot of things. But loosing sight of your beloved ones just does not justify your actions.

I see a lot of mid 30's stucking in a midlife crisis because of the fact they realize that the only thing left in their lifes is the job. The job they are not enjoying any longer.

Think about the reasons why you not allowing yourself to rest. And think about how you spend your time (and with whom).

Warning! package insert:

Becoming father radically changes the way you want to live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kris

Until a little while ago had no real set schedule, was working 12+ hours per day. Now I wake up around 1PM daily, work from 4PM - 12AM.

After gym, dinner, and TV, I get to sleep around 5-7 AM.

It works... sort of.  :) 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The sleep regiment I mentioned earlier in this thread, the 4 hours awake with 45 minute naps....  Well the general name for these multiple sleep episodes per day is  Polyphasic Sleep.

Wikipedia has a semi-good piece on the topic with some examples toward the bottom including nice pie chart to help visualize a 24 hour cycle on various well known sleep regiments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep

Recommended reading for anyone self employed with a fluid schedule or someone who can pull off napping throughout the day :)  Read the various accounts of militaries and NASA and sleep reduction effects on mental and cognitive functions.  

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Ever since I switched from days to nights, I'd say I get about 8 hrs of sleep per day. Before I used to get 6 hrs of sleep.

amuck-landowner