amuck-landowner

So, let's clear the air...

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Fran,

You really think so? I think Duke bailing out jonny may have hurt more than help. I remember awhile ago i was messing around and i made a GVH ticket offering to buy jonny just to see what astronomical amount he would think "GVH" is worth. This was around the time the hammer came down the first time on LET for him. He wouldn't give a number and refused to sell. He boasted about how is company isnt worth "pennies" though. I guess i was wrong... Its worth dollars.

*shrugs*
Nah.  It's not even worth pennies.  I mean he gave it away to Duke for free.  Oh wait...  I mean he's out of debt.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Dillybob

Nope still owes HVH / CC multiple thousands.

Wouldn't it be smart to pay off the debt instead of starting a company again? I mean, I would never buy from a vps company or anyone if I know they're in debt. Hell, look what happened K-MART for example, LOL.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wouldn't it be smart to pay off the debt instead of starting a company again? I mean, I would never buy from a vps company or anyone if I know they're in debt. Hell, look what happened K-MART for example, LOL.
Just read a big expose on Kmart and the wealthy financial person behind the prior buy out... That company is just being parted out / liquidated for cash.

Sadly low end folks aren't paying debts without incurring more.  Not like this kid will go flip burgers, dig ditches or clean toilets like the rest of humanity does to make ends meet and live up to their obligations.

Hostwinds

Verified Provider
I was wondering what was happening with K-Marts. We don't have them much around NE Oklahoma but I have seen a few. Mostly just Walmart's crowding the area to keep all other companies out. Not a bad corporate plan but it does become annoying after a bit. I agree though, Paying off your debt is probably the smarter thing to do before starting back up.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I'm guessing he has realised that the more educated folks over here aren't buying his BS any longer.

AuroraZero

From the looks of things lately no one should believe anything that has to do with the whole mess. This whole deal smells of bad fish and I for one am glad I have nothing to do with it. I am not sure what the players think is going to happen in the end but from the looks of it, it will not be good for any party involved.

As it stands right now if any of this has been done with the LEGAL owner of GVH signing off on it some one some where could be in for a rough ride. It will make no difference if he has signed a million pieces of paper saying nuggets can do as he wishes, the court will still not care one wit. At some point the Corp., or LLC., or what ever will be held responsible for this debacle.

In the end nuggets is a minor and can not enter into any legal contract period. He can not join the military, without parents consent, he can not get married, without parents consent. FFS he can not even get a DL without parents consent in most states.

GVH and its owner/board will, which should be on files some place, are the ones who have do these deals not nuggets. The customers and data are the asssets along with the domains and sites. So if the company goes under and files bankruptcy those have to be declared. When that happens is when all the shit hits the fan. If the company sells out, is bought out, same applies it has to be declared.

At some point this will come back to bite some one in arse.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah Nuggets has been the owner.  Some fall guy Lance on the paperwork for the adult role.  The IRS would have a field day with this.

These upstreams he used, they don't have legal contracts that will hold a glass of water.  Probably part of why playing the game of hot potato with GVH assets, customers, business and remaining over there mostly at CC.  They knew and other providers did too -  that they were selling to a minor and putting themselves in unenforceable legal standing position. These DCs do this all day long and segment is littered with young buyers and Donald Trump-likes entrepreneurs.

What's entertaining is that Nuggets could have incorporated an LLC in his home state of New Hampshire by himself.  They have no age limitations there.

AuroraZero

Yeah he could have but then he would have been the one in the hot seat not Lance. Yes Lance is the one who will ultimately lose in all of this because his name is the name on those papers. Not Nuggets, not mommy or daddy, not even the upstreams, but good old fall guy Lance.

It is a shame that this has happened it is really is when it could have all been prevented. All anyone had to do was say the majic word NO and it would have ended. There is no bottom line worth ruining lives over. I do not care how much money is involved, or how much rep you lose because of it.

In the end the it is just not worth any of it. As it stands now this all looks like a nuclear bomb site, and there might not be much anyone can do to salvage any of it. If it were left up to me I would dump the GVH brand down the shit hole and move clients to sustainable plans with in the prices they have paid. I know it would not be perfect but it would be better then trying to salvage what is here and losing everything because of it.

MightWeb-Greg

Verified Provider
I'm just curious what you mean by this. Some providers rent dedicated servers or buy servers with agreements like NET 30 or something of that nature.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I would dump the GVH brand down the shit hole and move clients to sustainable plans with in the prices they have paid
Oh Jonny was told this many many times.

I doubt Tdale is burying the brand either.   It's sad to see it out there for sales inbound hopes.  The brand is entirely soiled and has been since??? Last fall at least.

Dunno, but CC/related have fondness for busted up bad rep brands and keeping their sites alive for more search shots.

amuck-landowner