amuck-landowner

SolusVM 2

Licensecart

Since there's no thread about this I thought I'd open one and post what we know so far.

Google Auth:

c2btzv4o.png

Mobile Version:

883d7ujr.png

Mobile Menu:

74u6iipz.png

Desktop Version:

o5fy9l9d.png

Login Box:

cu35u04t.png

Another View:

nspv2bwv.png

Icons are examples whilst they wait for their custom icons.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Too little, too late. Would have been nice back in 2012 when they first announced it, but 3+ years later and they are just now adding 2FA?

Quoting this for reference (Jan. 5th, 2012):

Well, SolusVM Version 2; To say its been highly talked about recently would be an understatement. The good news is that development is well underway for something that we feel will change the way that the majority of people will offer and manage VPS Hosting.

The idea behind this first email is not to give you a full feature list (Sorry!) but to let you know some of the major differences between v1 and v2.

High Availability
SolusVM 2 will offer HA support in the form of SAN storage. Each cluster will function with a minimum of two nodes allowing you to offer redundancy at an extremely low cost. More information will be published in update #3

Virtualization Types
As you know SolusVM 1 supports 3 virtualization types, however SolusVM 2 will support 4 virtualization types as standard! Unfortunately we can't tell you what the 4th type is until a further update.

HVM Templating
Xen & KVM templates will be supported in SolusVM 2. More information will be published in update #4.

DNS Management
Your clients will get the added bonus of being able to manage their forward and reverse DNS directly from their client area. You also get the option to assign IPv4/IPv6 addresses to a client so RDNS can be managed from the client area without a virtual server. (DNS only account).

Scriptability
This is the important one (to most of you anyway). Every action in the control panel will have an associated hook. These hooks will allow you to override or add extra code to the function you want to hook into.

Graphs
This really comes under scriptability but we know a lot of our customers like graphs!. SolusVM 2 offers a scriptable system where you can add custom graphing/data collection scripts into the system and display the resulting graphs throughout the client/admin areas. This is a large improvement over the SolusVM 1 system thats hard coded and not always accurate.

Client Themes (GUI Templates)
Another highly requested feature was the ability to assign a client area theme to a specific client or a reseller to have their own client area theme. This is now possible in SolusVM 2 due to a generic style login page that is not attached to a specific theme (still fully customisable) .

API
The Admin, Reseller & Client API's will no longer be limited. Any functions that can be performed in the panel can also be performed via the API.

Pricing
There WILL NOT be any price increases for our current customers. If you use SolusVM 1, the upgrade is free and you automatically have grandfather rights over any pricing changes.

Support
24/7 support will continue to be free to all clients via our support system. New support options will be available once SolusVM 2 is released as stable. These will include 24/7 telephone support and live chat. 

SolusVM 1 EOL
SolusVM 1 will reach its end of life no sooner than 18 months after the first stable release of SolusVM 2.

In the next update we will be giving you live demo access (This is also a feature you can offer to your own potential clients) to the SolusVM 2 client area and more detailed information on the massive array of features!

Best Regards, 
All the team at Soluslabs.

Licensecart

Ah yeah the guys are working very hard on making the SolusVM 2 modern and up-to date, and they also support Yubico which most companies use now.

rds100

Verified Provider
I still don't understand why they need to call it SolusVM 2 and it takes 3 years or more to do it. Couldn't they just work on incremental updates from the current version until they reach the desired feature set?

Licensecart

I still don't understand why they need to call it SolusVM 2 and it takes 3 years or more to do it. Couldn't they just work on incremental updates from the current version until they reach the desired feature set?
I believe it's a complete re-write -> don't quote me on that.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
SolusVM 2
So this is the 2nd beta since they announced this project 7(?) years ago? It's good that they're thoroughly testing this product before releasing a production version.  Can't wait for the first production version of SolusVM!

edited to add purple

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
I was told back in February that I'd have a copy of the documentation and a copy of the software (beta) in hand within 3 weeks. Well, 2.5 months later I still don't have anything and I called them on it in a support ticket and got this:

Things just get delayed. I can assure you it will come this year. I'm not even going to mention any dates from now on. The team are working hard but it's not just as easy as make the changes and release. The migration path is the most important part for us and it's what we have to get right the first time around.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Blesta is a great product, but it just doesn't compete with the ease of WHMCS, in my opinion.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Anyone, again, get that price fix agreement on licensing :)

Complete new development build isn't free.  Couple that with market share.   Looking forward to paying more when / if they actually release this?

mitgib

Verified Provider
Scriptability
This is the important one (to most of you anyway). Every action in the control panel will have an associated hook. These hooks will allow you to override or add extra code to the function you want to hook into.

This sounds like cloud-init type functions, is that what they mean?

host4go

Verified Provider
ok, Blesta was mentioned (check)

WHMCS was mentioned (check)

What about ClientExec? No love?

It´s an awesome Billing panel.

Licensecart

Anyone, again, get that price fix agreement on licensing :)

Complete new development build isn't free.  Couple that with market share.   Looking forward to paying more when / if they actually release this?
That was before OnApp bought them out which Ditlev even announced on LET they aren't up'ing the price now or the future and you can email them to get it in writing. 

amuck-landowner