SolusVM Patch - Solved Server Rebuild Problem Returning Error: 'Invalid Template'

Discussion in 'Hosting Talk & Reviews' started by ModulesGarden, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ModulesGarden

ModulesGarden Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Hello guys, we have just received a reply from SolusVM support with solution to common problem. This should be helpful for some of you.

{edited}

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  2. MartinD

MartinD Retired Staff Retired Staff Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Please don't link to your forums like that. If you have information to share then by all means share it here.

BlackoutIsHere likes this.
  3. Quexis

Quexis New Member Verified Provider

May 16, 2013
    From the forum in question (which I won't be linking to, due to MartinD's post above):

4. ModulesGarden

ModulesGarden Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Understood, here it goes:

A few hours ago we received important information from SolusVM support regarding problem mentioned in the topic. This information should be helpful for some of you. This is a solution for the problem with server rebuild returning 'Invalid Template' error.

"Here is the patch you need to run on the master node in SSH:

wget http://files.soluslabs.com/solusvm/fixes/api_vserver_rebuild.txt -O /usr/local/solusvm/includes/api/api_vserver_rebuild.php
    This will allow you to rebuild KVM virtual servers via the API. Example output if using the json return values would be:

{"status":"success","statusmsg":"Virtual server is being rebuilt","rootpassword":"6axLkKpi","information":"Blah\nBlah\nBlah"}"
    According to the answer received from SolusVM support, this solution works only on SolusVM beta and it will be included in the stable version.

5. rsk

rsk Active Member Verified Provider

May 18, 2013
    Thanks for this, really. However, I guess we still have to wait for solus to release it in the stable version so we can put it into use. No BETA for me.

6. SkylarM

SkylarM Well-Known Member Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Meh.