amuck-landowner

SolusVM update - 1.16 - Security and Features!

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Just released this morning - also includes a security issue so they're advising people update as soon as possible!

http://docs.solusvm.com/release_versions_stable#section11600

Security

This release contains security updates as instructed in an external audit conducted by Rack911.

It is advised that you update to v1.16.00 as soon as possible to take advantage of the security changes made within the system. We will release further information about any issues found in due course.

If your version of SolusVM still displays v1.15.04 as the newest update you can initiate a manual update within your master from SSH with the following command: sh /scripts/upcp as the version numbers may be cached for a short while.

lbft

Wow someone there woke up looks that way as Virtualizor start kick there ass 
What? 

I'm no fan of Solus or their, er, interesting security track record, but on what planet are Virtualizor "start kick there ass"? Off the top of my head I can think of one Virtualizor-based offer I've seen in recent memory.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Did they add Central Backups and I missed it? I didn't see it in the Change Log.

Next we have the replacement for Central Backup. As many of you know this was planned for v1.14 but got put on the back burner for a future release. Well it’s time to get back on track 
icon_smile.gif
 The video we released in the v1.14 preview (10 months ago) now applies to v1.16
http://blog.soluslabs.com/2014/04/13/what-to-expect-from-solusvm-v1-16/

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Could also search for "migrating to solus from virtualizor" because the amount of folk doing it is lol

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I like the part where I add the IPv6 subnet and it doesn't actually add it and tries to take me to my most recent block that I added (which was IPv4). Makes me wonder if they tested an upgraded Solus Master, or just did a fresh install and said "YEP IT WORKS" and called it a day. Hoping they fix it quickly.

Edit: Forcing an upcp does appear to resolve this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

Was this a private audit by Rack911 or the excellent public service and contribution they usually perform?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So after talking to someone that pushed this update out I gotta say the way they handle the

IPV6 subnets is hilariously bad.

I've looked through the screenshots and they don't even make sense.

addips.png

Why not just have a 'start' and 'finish' field and mark what the bitmask is for the entire thing?

Then just add whatever subnets of X size are between it all.

EDIT - That's not even the biggest issue with what they did. There's some huge, glaring,

issues that I'll not even discuss in here just to see how long it'll take for them to

address it.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner