amuck-landowner

Something Wrong with VPSBoard

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Sometimes the loading of pictures last quite long:

e1emtc.jpg

PNGs loading from cloudfare... looks like the CDN is part of the problem.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
No idea if the dudes over BuyVM did something or if it's just the luck of the draw, but the site is performing much better today.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh today has been better/best because the haters stopped pegging the site (I'll betcha) :)

No really, it's because of the 10k post milestone.  The haters realize they can't stop the downhill snowball effect.  Next milestone is?

Bahahahahaha!

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I'd rather the ones that are already here be more active.
All forums with any activity usually have most of that activity generated by no more than 10% of the members. That's just the way it is.

q8e.gif

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The issue isn't all floods. The SQL that vpsboard has been using has been getting hosed lately by a few users. Alas, I'll need to upgrade the CPU's in the box later this month :(

For now i've tuned down the caches and such to see if that helps. All I can figure is that mariaDB is spending a ton of time keeping track of everything.

For now it has been running w/o issue.

Francisco

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Might also be that CF is blocking some of the malicious traffic from even reaching the site. I remember once I had a Mediawiki install on my site, and I turned off CF for about an hour. INSTANTLY had spambots hitting it left and right. Turned CF back on, and with "I'm Under Attack" mode, the bots stopped. Ended up hosing the install though, since I didn't feel like removing about 1k spam user accounts and stuff. 

amuck-landowner