amuck-landowner

Specific IP Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamjam

I have been on a quest to find the most practical way of attaining a specific type of byte X.X.X.X IP Address.

As the days have gone by and I've performed more and more research, I have learned of many available options to accomplish my goal, along with adjusting the way I've written my request, numerous times.

What I need is fairly simple, And this is only one of the routes to get there

I appreciate your time and effort in attempting to assist me. 

This is basically a compilation of the newest information and the most recent inquiry I've wrriten up.

Most recent Revision of my Request is here : 

Hello.  I am a home network user that is into online gaming. I have a specific request for my ip address

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Why is the lowness of the third and fourth octets important to you?  I can't think of any technical advantage for it.

john

Verified Provider
Why is the lowness of the third and fourth octets important to you?  I can't think of any technical advantage for it.
Runescape first hit is determined by IP I believe. A low 4th octet and a multiple of 8 3rd octet is most ideal. 

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Runescape first hit is determined by IP I believe. A low 4th octet and a multiple of 8 3rd octet is most ideal. 
Are you freaking kidding me?  Why wouldn't they use a PRNG for that...?

jamjam

Yes John has it correct.

Having this sort of IP gives you an advantage when staking in Runescape at odds of roughly 60:40 to the better ip.

It's possible to win anywhere between 100million to 2000million gold per month with one of these ip's plus the right character and knowledge of the game etc.

Gold sells for $2 per million.

I'm willing to pay good money if someone can get me an ip ending in .0

Or if someone can help me obtain one by leading me to the right place/vpn provider/vps provider or whatever it takes im willing to pay them.

So far i've emailed roughly 15 different vpn/socks5 proxy providers with no luck.

I just had one email back offering me a 3rd octet divisible by 8 and 4th octet .1 for $100 per month

I don't understand the tech stuff behind it but its something to do with needing a /23 subnet to get working .0 ips. Otherwise on larger subnets the .0 ips are broadcaster or network adresses.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I feel like I've seen this post before....
You have.  It's been posted several times by different people (all using the same forum template, no doubt).. and I've been mail spammed with it enough that pretty much anyone that makes the request now is automatically denied service with us.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
lol this makes no sense.

Sure a lot of people want these ips so there is a market for them. You dont have them becuase you use a /24 subnet that you purchase of other providers and sell on. If you had .0 ips to this criteria you would sell them for $50+ per month. 
Or they have their IPs in a private vLan and not static routed, which makes sense?

jamjam

Or they have their IPs in a private vLan and not static routed, which makes sense?
Ok fantastic.

Easy solution here.

If you can provide my required IP or help me obtain it then post in my thread.

If you can't then don't post.

Seems reasonable.

I'm trying to obtain a service on a forum with people providing services. Just because someone cant meet that service doesn't give them right to troll my thread.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You dont have them becuase you use a /24 subnet that you purchase of other providers and sell on.
Don't make claims when you have no clue what you're talking about.  We own our IP space, and as we have no need for .0 IPs, we allocate all of our IP space in /24 blocks.

If you had .0 ips to this criteria you would sell them for $50+ per month.

I'd rather us have clean IP space than start hosting Runescape again.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Sorry if I missed this before but does Runescape calculate PID the same with IPv6? If so, you can get a KVM VPS with a Hurricane Electric tunnel, where you can easily make the last two bytes anything you want. Also, while I appreciate the desire to summarize things, I think this should be confined to one thread.

trewq

Verified Provider
Sorry if I missed this before but does Runescape calculate PID the same with IPv6? If so, you can get a KVM VPS with a Hurricane Electric tunnel, where you can easily make the last two bytes anything you want. Also, while I appreciate the desire to summarize things, I think this should be confined to one thread.
runescape.com isn't IPv6 enabled so my guess the game isn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner