amuck-landowner

[Split] MicoHosting Inquries

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Does anyone know Microhosting? Are they reliable?
First of all, it's Micohosting. Not Micro, Mico. Confusing yes, but that's how it is. Second, AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS! I purchased their $10/year plan and never got the VPS provisioned. Tickets I sent asking about it were deleted every time. I finally filed a PayPal dispute after two weeks, and after several weeks got my money back. But you can be sure I'm not sending any more money their way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Verified Provider
First of all, it's Micohosting. Not Micro, Mico. Confusing yes, but that's how it is. Second, AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS! I purchased their $10/year plan and never got the VPS provisioned. Tickets I sent asking about it were deleted every time. I finally filed a PayPal dispute after two weeks, and after several weeks got my money back. But you can be sure I'm not sending any more money their way.
Orly? They're hosted on our shared hosting... I'll send them an email.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Soooo I emailled him, and didn't get a response.

Then we suspended his account. Still no response.

Maybe he's been murdered by a street gang?
When he was unresponsive with me, I thought that might be the case as well (well, at least that something had put him out of commission), until I saw tickets being actively deleted. But in that case it's very surprising that he would just sit by until you suspend his account.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I received a PM from someone claiming to represent the company, and have responded with full details of the botched order. We'll see... It will take a lot to give me any confidence in Micohosting.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Hey there guys! 

Just letting you all know these topics were split from the previous thread and placed here for the sake of convenience and organization!  

Feel free to bite my head off on my horribly written title! 

Damian

Verified Provider
I received a PM from someone claiming to represent the company, and have responded with full details of the botched order. We'll see... It will take a lot to give me any confidence in Micohosting.
That's kinda annoying; I asked him to participate in the thread. I'm really not concerned about anyone's confidence in micohosting, I'm looking for some kind of reassurance that we're not hosting some sort of phishing/fraud site. Providing reasonable customer service isn't difficult, and when there's multiple reports otherwise.....

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Does it get more incriminating? Also, I see the site is restored, why is that?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
They're self proclaimed 'fastest growing company' comment doesn't fit the bill with their inability to pay for WHMCS
You know, I've seen a lot of companies claim `fast(est) growing`... and yet I've never seen anyone else move 500 units in under 15 minutes.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh boy, what a mess.

I love providers that have time to write shit for copy ads making all sorts of claims and at the same time can't deal with tickets and paying customers.

I am about to break out my popcorn stash, I suspect this thread is going to get way more interesting.

never seen anyone else move 500 units in under 15 minutes.
You make it sound like some dirty black ops transaction or my local crack peddler.  Seriously, 500 sales in 15 minutes.  That's some good money in such little time.

Damian

Verified Provider
I sent him an email asking him about his WHMCS license. He got all pissy last time when we suspended his account because I sent him an email from my gmail account to his email, instead of through WHMCS, so this time, he's been emailled through WHMCS. 

And I still don't see a statement from him in this thread or anywhere else on the board.

Additionally, vpsboard really needs some sort of better post notification thing... threads get lost too easily, and I didn't think to look at this thread til I saw it appearing in the "last posted in this thread" thing on the front page. I'd really much rather have "Last 10 topics with new posts" than the "Last 10 newly created threads" thing on the front page.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Additionally, vpsboard really needs some sort of better post notification thing...
xZY.png

amuck-landowner