amuck-landowner

SSL Certificates under $5

mitgib

Verified Provider
Hostigation.com has been providing hosting, dedicated servers and VPS since 2006 and owns all it's equipment.

Comodo Positive SSL - Domain Validation SSL Certificate 5 minute issue Order $4.99
Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard - Domain Validation SSL Certificate 5 minute issue Order $49.99
Comodo InstantSSL - Business Validation (Organization) SSL Certificate 1-2 Day issue Order $29.99
Comodo Trial EV SSL - Extended Validation SSL Certificate 5-10 day issue Order $49.99
Comodo Premium Wildcard SSL - Business Validation SSL Certificate 1-2 day issue Order $149.99

Something you want not offered, drop an email to sales [at] hostigation [dot] com so we can quote your needs.

Acceptable payment options are PayPal, Credit Card via Stripe, Bitcoin, Check/Money Order (US Funds drawn on US Bank)

Last edited by a moderator:

mitgib

Verified Provider
Since the whole AlphaSSL debacle is going on, Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcards have been reduced to $49.99,$89.99 and 129.99 for 1-2-3 year terms

willie

Nice about the price reductions, but what is the AlphaSSL debacle?  Is that different from the Geotrust/Symantec debacle where they're revoking all the .pw certificates?  I was just looking at the HN thread about that:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10183282

Geotrust had seemed like a potentially interesting CA but I guess not any more.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Nice about the price reductions, but what is the AlphaSSL debacle? 

The cheap AlphaSSL Wildcard SSLs were sold on SingleHop accounts. But they were only allowed on SingleHop ip ranges. SingleHop is now stopping their "resellers" and revoking all wrong sold SSL certificates. One of the first overtravelers were HostMyBytes - now getting some angry voices.

perennate

Verified Provider
The cheap AlphaSSL Wildcard SSLs were sold on SingleHop accounts. But they were only allowed on SingleHop ip ranges. SingleHop is now stopping their "resellers" and revoking all wrong sold SSL certificates. One of the first overtravelers were HostMyBytes - now getting some angry voices.

Someone posted a ticket suggesting it was all an error (possibly security issue with SingleHop's system that led to GlobalSign revoking it).

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

Someone posted a ticket suggesting it was all an error (possibly security issue with SingleHop's system that led to GlobalSign revoking it).
SingleHop redesigned their website so I can't find this blurb about the GlobalSign AlphaSSL's on it, but  their website used to explicitly state that those SSL's are only to be used on SingleHop equipment and IP addresses within SingleHop data centers, and they can not be resold for use on non-SingleHop infrastructure/

http://web.archive.org/web/20131023084320/http://www.singlehop.com/advantages/singlehop-exclusive-features/

Quote said:
Free, Unlimited GlobalSign SSL Certificates

Unlimited, Free GlobalSign SSL Certificates. Register for 1-5 Years, Including WildCards! NOTE: GlobalSign SSLs are subject to two restrictions. First, they must be installed on SingleHop Servers with SingleHop IP Addresses. Second, they cannot be resold for use on non-SingleHop infrastructure. For servers and IPs inside of SingleHop data centers, you may issue an unlimited number of certificates and you may resell them to customers or issue them at no cost, as long as they are ultimately used on SingleHop equipment.

perennate

Verified Provider
SingleHop redesigned their website so I can't find this blurb about the GlobalSign AlphaSSL's on it, but  their website used to explicitly state that those SSL's are only to be used on SingleHop equipment and IP addresses within SingleHop data centers, and they can not be resold for use on non-SingleHop infrastructure/

Yes, that doesn't necessarily mean the certificates were revoked for that reason though.

willie

Aha, I wondered what the deal was with those singlehop certificates.  And they have the authority to revoke them too?  That's actually scary, in conjunction with the .pw thing.  More certs may have been revoked by now without being compromised and against the users' wishes, than revoked for actual compromise at the users' request.  Maybe the concept of revocation should be rethought.

Meanwhile, Tim, you might ask the mods to update the pricing in the initial post.  Is this a long term price cut or a promotion?  If promotion, any expiration date?  Thanks.

perennate

Verified Provider
Aha, I wondered what the deal was with those singlehop certificates.  And they have the authority to revoke them too?  That's actually scary, in conjunction with the .pw thing.  More certs may have been revoked by now without being compromised and against the users' wishes, than revoked for actual compromise at the users' request.  Maybe the concept of revocation should be rethought.

Meanwhile, Tim, you might ask the mods to update the pricing in the initial post.  Is this a long term price cut or a promotion?  If promotion, any expiration date?  Thanks.

If there was a security issue somewhere in the system, e.g. one that made it possible to bypass validation, then I think it is reasonable to revoke certificates (albeit only with ample notification).

mitgib

Verified Provider

No coupon required and no reason I can think of to raise the price until my cost rises as well, will drop a note to one of the mods to update the post

amuck-landowner