amuck-landowner

Stripe: The payment processor that can't make up it's mind!

ShardHost

Verified Provider
Stripe has been great for us.  Around 50% of our payments head through stripe.

We've even had a few pro-active emails from strip informing us of potential Fraud and suggesting we refund the client to prevent chargebacks.

We've had 0 actual chargebacks through stripe and we push a lot of orders through them

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
@, Send them detailed proof in PDF format via email. The process is slow and sluggish, but you will win most disputes. Be as detailed as possible in your emails. If you don't get a reply in 24 to 48 hours, send it again.

walesmd

I use Stripe on a number of projects - anytime it's just straight billing to the client. Paypal recently changed their fee structure to match Stripe's in order to compete. I absolutely hate Paypal and, theoretically, I've owed them around $7500 for 11 years - client did a chargeback, I did the work, told them to fuck off and removed all my cards/accounts. To this day I can't make a Paypal account, it'll only last for 3-4 days until they freeze it (my girlfriend's account works just fine though!).

Braintree is also another really good option, particularly if you're serving as "man-in-the-middle" - like with a marketplace. There are levels when it will end up being cheaper based on the way they do the payments. The way the fees work out, it's basically (imaginary numbers here): rather than the buyer paying you $10 and you paying the seller $6; the buyer pays the seller $10, the seller pays you $4. But, the seller has no choice - legally, technically, etc. - but to pay you cause your hand is on the $4 throughout the entire process.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Stripe is pretty good from a sellers perspective, I like the support and service itself. Never had a chargeback in the month or so I've used it.What isn't so nice when I used it is from a buyers perspective, the charges seem a little steep especially if it's a small amount but having said that, it could be worse, as is thr case with lots of other similar services.

walesmd

That's the fault of whoever you were buying from - as the buyer you should be mostly unaware of the fees. Wal-Mart has to pay everyone someone swipes a card, but they don't make me feel bad about it. That expense is averaged out over all transactions and into the overall price of the goods, just like the light bill. It's an operating expense.

Mike

Verified Provider
Stripe looks like a really good service and saves all the hassle of needing a merchant account and tons of paper work!

Does anyone use it with WHMCS?  Can anyone suggest a module to use with it?

JDiggity

just had another chargeback this time I had all correct information but was a company credit card and needed a po to be used.  So I am loosing another $30 love it, just love it.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
We've been using Stripe since it's early beta in the UK 2-3 months ago, we've had a large increase in orders via CC and so far 0 chargebacks. Support has been wonderful in handling any queries, as time flies we'll see if chargeback arises but we've really put a high % on MaxMind to block odd orders and/or review them after anyways.

amuck-landowner