amuck-landowner

Syria madness

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
"Surely anything is better than the Assad family"

Meet your new rulers from the west.

Which devil is worse, the one you know or the new one?

It will be business as usual for the selective few, while the peasantry suffers.

Why the US is so concerned with Syria and egging to deploy all its military might is beyond me.  Oil and natural gas come to mind, regardless of all the US shale hype.  Looking at US fuel costs and considering the reduced consumption of gasoline, you'd think we were still importing everything in the United States.

What was the last war not fought over natural resources?

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
It's all a load of bullshit, someone's not telling the truth. the UK want to help fund the homeless in Syria but can't help its own country out. I think I've come to the conclusion I am not going to let politics take over my mind or bother me the slightest these days.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@Reece, a man after my own mind.

It's true, your observations, here in the 'States also.

Today there are literally 100 million people who depend on government food subsidies just to eat.  That's roughly  1-in-3 people by the Census headcount. 

The roads are shot, the bridges collapsing.  

But the war drum keeps beating.

I suspect the military finds the budget cuts getting a little too close to their purse.  Better start justifying the need for more money by blowing things of value up and requiring manufacturing of more.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
@Reece, a man after my own mind.

It's true, your observations, here in the 'States also.

Today there are literally 100 million people who depend on government food subsidies just to eat.  That's roughly  1-in-3 people by the Census headcount. 

The roads are shot, the bridges collapsing.  

But the war drum keeps beating.

I suspect the military finds the budget cuts getting a little too close to their purse.  Better start justifying the need for more money by blowing things of value up and requiring manufacturing of more.
It's quite bad here the "National benefits" for the unemployed they are trying to get these unemployed parents etc to work at least 30 hours a week to receive there £50 - £60 a week benefits and housing benefits. Quite mad and is one of the worst cases of slave labour i've seen in a years if it goes ahead, there is many teenagers which are homesless due to there parents loosng there houses or generally not being able to afford to live. Families rely on foodbanks to get handouts.. and here we go again paying a few millions "Which we don't have" to other peoples problems which we caused. 

Me myself, my family and pets :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Thought I'd give this one a little bump :)

I saw LET got all religious and bashfull..

Anyhow: Syria is to put their chemical weapons under international control to stop strikes.

Either way the US are getting there hands dirty in Syria whether there blowing the crap out of the country from sea OR OR OR....

They're funding the rebels attacking (Shocked?)

Syria: US starts delivering weapons to rebels

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I saw LET got all religious and bashfull..
You can't have a grown up discussion on LET.   Kind of funny though watching Biloh post his "Let's go carpet bomb Syria" in public, then make it retreat out of public for only the logged in members.     More transparency.

I fully expect to see Jon, Alex, Chris, Tom and the rest of the crew run down to their local recruiting station and offer to join the military to fight the bad guys in Syria. :)

rsk

Verified Provider
To be honest, the guy is destroying his own country ...

The poor ex-president of Yemen, decided to quit his role unlike the "Asad", to avoid getting his country destroyed.

I mean, really - what would he get in the end? A country with no inhabitants? A country who pretty much hates him? Or maybe a small town that he will live in with no one but himself?

amuck-landowner