amuck-landowner

T-mobile USA Customer Endorsements here? $80 Unlimited.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Have been with Verizon for almost 20 years 

I'll gladly pay the few extra bucks a month for that. 

I've been a Verizon customer and a customer of their prior companies for decades.   I don't the like direction anything dealing with them is heading.

Their throughput here 3G wise is a laugh.  Calls and texts are fine though.

They are good when traveling (i.e. usually have signal).   

Regionally throughput is blah on two different devices.

They are the company I  plan on dumping first :)

Munzy

===== Verizon ================

My story goes along the lines of an abusive relationship with Verizon. They were charging me nearly 120$ for 3g service and wouldn't let me change my plan within reason. My contract was already up and I was sticking with my old phone, but they insisted on removing my unlimited everything plan. I mainly used it for tethering so it was a hot subject. After that, I waited about a year or two, and came back saying it was time for a new phone, once again I stated fully that I wanted to keep my unlimited plan, and they told me there was nothing they would do to assist me. So I called up Verizon and said, please cancel my account and went to T-Mobile. The funny thing is they offered all the things they had previously promised but never gave while I was going through there retention department.

===== T-Mobile ===============

After I moved to T-Mobile, the service was spotty, but I knew that coming in. I had already saved nearly 50$ by moving to there plan, and I knew I didn't need 100% coverage. Gave me some away time from the phone too. In any case, I found that in many places I had issues with Verizon, I didn't have issues with T-Mobile. I live out in the country mind you.

I called up T-mobile support a few months back and have had nothing but a joy talking to them. They didn't treat me bad, they didn't ignore my problems, and they seemed to care. I asked a bunch of questions and bothered the lady on the phone for an hour or so, and decided to upgrade my 70$ plan to the newer 80$ plan, and will soon be getting an iPhone 6 with them, though I will purchase the phone outright. 

All in all, I still have no signal in spots, but I don't care. I move a few feet and I am good. I like being treated like a person rather then someones bitch. I.e. Verizon.

Sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes, long day. 

WSWD

Verified Provider
I've been a Verizon customer and a customer of their prior companies for decades.   I don't the like direction anything dealing with them is heading.

Their throughput here 3G wise is a laugh.  Calls and texts are fine though.

They are good when traveling (i.e. usually have signal).   

Regionally throughput is blah on two different devices.

They are the company I  plan on dumping first :)
That's surprising, honestly.  Perhaps things are different in other parts of the country.  Sitting here at my house, on some property not exactly in the middle of nowhere, but far enough out to where I can't get cable, DSL, etc., I'm getting 5mbps (that's my absolute max) on my wireless Internet service, but 50mbps up and down on my cell phone.  When I go into town (about 200,000 people), my speeds drop to about 40-45mbps.  In the middle of LA, I get darn near 50mbps, and have seen as high as about 75mbps, even though the area is congested as hell.  Even 3G is fast when I come across it, which is very rare.

===== Verizon ================

My story goes along the lines of an abusive relationship with Verizon. They were charging me nearly 120$ for 3g service and wouldn't let me change my plan within reason. My contract was already up and I was sticking with my old phone, but they insisted on removing my unlimited everything plan. I mainly used it for tethering so it was a hot subject. After that, I waited about a year or two, and came back saying it was time for a new phone, once again I stated fully that I wanted to keep my unlimited plan, and they told me there was nothing they would do to assist me. So I called up Verizon and said, please cancel my account and went to T-Mobile. The funny thing is they offered all the things they had previously promised but never gave while I was going through there retention department.
Much of their refusal to offer unlimited plans was due to the fact that they lost multi-million dollar lawsuits for offering those plans in the first place.  Wish that would happen in the hosting industry!! :lol:   AT&T and Verizon were both sued up the asshole a few years back because they were offering "unlimited" plans but then limiting the transfer, or throttling the bandwidth.  You know as well as I do that there is no such thing as an "unlimited" data plan, just as there isn't in hosting.  But that's largely the reason AT&T and Verizon no longer offer unlimited plans.  The others have not been sued.....yet. 

They can all get away with unlimited minutes, because even if everybody left their cell phones connected to a call 24/7 (we know that isn't going to happen anyway), they likely have the network to support that.  Data is completely different.  It's REAL easy for people to abuse the hell out of the data.

amuck-landowner