amuck-landowner

Task Delegation

Jasson.Pass

What does everyone use to keep tabs on their tabs on their tasks/goals when they jump from laptop, desktop and phones and how do you keep employees focusing on a task/goal list?

So far I've found wunderlist.

lowesthost

Verified Provider
how do you keep employees focusing on a task/goal list?
Whips & chains work best :)

Thanks for  wunderlist I am going to have to give it try usually with tasks & reminders.  I forget to update the tasks or because I go from desktop, laptop, to mobile because they are not in sync. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Zimbra.  It's helped me out a ton in my honest opinion.  Ive never really enjoyed the UI of Owncloud so I instead went with the integrated Mail service.  

Jasson.Pass

Whips & chains work best :)

Thanks for  wunderlist I am going to have to give it try usually with tasks & reminders.  I forget to update the tasks or because I go from desktop, laptop, to mobile because they are not in sync. 
Glad to be of help :)

Someone from work showed me it and I found it very cool. You can share tasks and everything too with a team.

mikeyur

Verified Provider
Trello board & TeamGantt chart for each client/big project. Slack for team communication, shenanigans and whip cracking.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Toodledo:   http://www.toodledo.com

There is nothing better.  I use it all day long on web and iOS.  I've been using TD almost since it launched.  I don't even use that many of its features - just folders, some light tagging, and repeating tasks.  There's also contexts, goals, length/timer, priorities, stars, locations, etc.

In truth, I have not played with Wunderlist much.  There was a big blowup when they announced "well Windows 8 is out and so we're no longer supporting Windows 7" which I thought was monumentally stupid.  Not that you really need a desktop client for this sort of app - I just use the web interface for TD.  The only reason I have the iOS app is that it makes "unlock phone-hit TD icon-hit add task-enter" really fast for capture.  

TD also supports shared task lists.

Here is a comparison:  http://www.technorms.com/33564/wunderlist-vs-any-do-vs-toodledo-vs-gqueues

People also use OneNote or Evernote for GTD setups.  In truth, you could use text documents on Dropbox - and in fact, I know a couple old-school guys who do just that.

GQueues looked interesting but it seems to be one guy which makes me nervous considering how much I rely on this tool.

For true group task management/light project management, I like both Asana and Jira.  I've heard a lot of people like Trello.

Jasson.Pass

Toodledo:   http://www.toodledo.com

There is nothing better.  I use it all day long on web and iOS.  I've been using TD almost since it launched.  I don't even use that many of its features - just folders, some light tagging, and repeating tasks.  There's also contexts, goals, length/timer, priorities, stars, locations, etc.

In truth, I have not played with Wunderlist much.  There was a big blowup when they announced "well Windows 8 is out and so we're no longer supporting Windows 7" which I thought was monumentally stupid.  Not that you really need a desktop client for this sort of app - I just use the web interface for TD.  The only reason I have the iOS app is that it makes "unlock phone-hit TD icon-hit add task-enter" really fast for capture.  

TD also supports shared task lists.

Here is a comparison:  http://www.technorms.com/33564/wunderlist-vs-any-do-vs-toodledo-vs-gqueues

People also use OneNote or Evernote for GTD setups.  In truth, you could use text documents on Dropbox - and in fact, I know a couple old-school guys who do just that.

GQueues looked interesting but it seems to be one guy which makes me nervous considering how much I rely on this tool.

For true group task management/light project management, I like both Asana and Jira.  I've heard a lot of people like Trello.
Very nice write up!

Roger

Verified Provider
Evernote has been simple yet phenomenal for task building activities and group sharing/monitoring across any device.

amuck-landowner