amuck-landowner

The $17,000 Linux powered rifle. What other unique cases of Linux are out there?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sort of old news if you follow these type of things, but while browsing a firearms community for my locale this morning the topic came back up. I wasn't aware previously that it was ran by Linux, therefore I am posting it here.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/01/17000-linux-powered-rifle-brings-auto-aim-to-the-real-world/

Some neat videos of it in action on YouTube as well.

So, we've got Linux powering rifle optics, I've seen Linux while flying (media system powered by Linux), what else is there?

RandalBurns

Sort of old news if you follow these type of things, but while browsing a firearms community for my locale this morning the topic came back up. I wasn't aware previously that it was ran by Linux, therefore I am posting it here.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/01/17000-linux-powered-rifle-brings-auto-aim-to-the-real-world/

Some neat videos of it in action on YouTube as well.

So, we've got Linux powering rifle optics, I've seen Linux while flying (media system powered by Linux), what else is there?
Who needs a linux powered scope? Give me some iron sights... :)

jarland

The ocean is digital
I don't know if I can hide that purchase from the wife. I would like to implement this as part of my security system. I believe that if you always start a situation by escalating it way too far, people just leave you alone.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Who needs a linux powered scope? Give me some iron sights... :)
Check out YouTube. They do some big game hunting out in Africa with that beast and are taking out animals at 1,200 yards. Even if you're very good with iron sights, I doubt you're 1,200 yards good. Even then I'm sure it can be accurate much further, just that they didn't attempt any shots greater than that distance in the one video I saw... lemme see if I can find it. :)

amuck-landowner