amuck-landowner

The Almighty' Bitcoin Discussion.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
My vote goes towards the "waste of time and money" belief. This is based on the fact that I don't have time to waste making sure my digital wallet doesn't get hacked and all of my money is wasted.

I don't have anything against it personally, but I have no interest to ever use it since I have zero confidence in it.
Your wallet is just a keypair.  Once generated, you can move it to a USB stick and delete it from any hosts.  Then, just use the USB stick copy when you want to access your wallet.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Your wallet is just a keypair.  Once generated, you can move it to a USB stick and delete it from any hosts.  Then, just use the USB stick copy when you want to access your wallet.
With all of the exploits lately I still have zero confidence in it.

mitgib

Verified Provider
Did you seriously just compare a fabricated 'currency' (and I use that term very loosely) to a precious metal that's been used in trade for thousands of years, has an established and finite value, and is the basis of exchange for most national currencies?
You need to study money a little deeper, the US Dollar has been the worlds reserve currency since after World War II, the US was taken off of the gold standard by Nixon when the Viet Nam war bankrupted the country at the doing of the Federal Reserve.  Only recently has china been executing trade agreements with other countries to base trade on the Yuan as the Chinese see the house of cards having the US Dollar as the world's reserve currency is while we are net importers.

You're correct, I cannot.  Truthfully, I'm having to dig through memories of the years I spent perusing libraries to recall this information - I would have to do new research to familiarize myself with current currency bases.  Admittedly, I've intentionally distanced myself economic and political study recently, as it tends to erode my already vastly diminished faith in humanity.
I wasn;t aware the Swiss Franc was still real money backed.  but all the G20 governments are using fractional reserve banking and have fake money manipulated by a non-governmental central bank.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Yup, I spent a bit of time refreshing myself on how all of that plays out yesterday.  I remembered the gold standard being dropped (and later re-adopted in various forms) after the great wars, but was unaware of the Nixon-era++ developments.

amuck-landowner