amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
5YOxnig.jpg

Fucking vandals spray painted my car. In fact, they went down the entire street and hit two city blocks worth of cars with spraypaint.

Security camera sees all, even when the rest of the block is asleep. Reported to police and  hopefully these little bastards get their hands cut off (or arrested).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That paintjob looks nice...

If they limited it to the glass you should be able to self clean up their mess with ideally no damage.

Sucks.... Time to move away from population center living and the idiots that breed there.  Out in the country you park way back behind your property line.... Nothing a good dog outside couldn't handle and eat overnight (the painters).  Plus with castle doctrine in any State worth living, you get woke to that shit noise, you can take your pick of firearms and blast the bastard(s) into their next life.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It was removed already.

Yeah, I'm ready to move out to the country. Just need to find a place to live that is affordable. I got a great deal on my house now as I know the landlord. But I see decent little country homes for rent from time to time. Only trouble is they're more catered towards families (IE: multiple bedrooms) and I don't know what to do with a 3BR house... one for me, one as an office... a spare one... for storage, I guess? IDK. I don't own that much stuff :p

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Office, Bedroom and Gun Room ;)
Haha. Maybe. If I move out to the country I want/need a little truck. I'd trade my car and the motorcycle project I don't ever have time to work on for a little Ford Ranger or S10 that runs well.

Country living is amazing.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
[16:06:42] Francisco says:

suh

[16:06:46] Francisco says:

i need your address.

[16:06:46] Francisco says:

>_>

[16:06:47] Francisco says:

<_<

[16:06:48] Francisco says:

>_>

[16:10:01] Aldryic says:

Suh? <_<

[16:10:02] Aldryic says:

>_>

[16:10:06] Aldryic says:

*redacted*

[16:10:06] Francisco says:

SUH >_>

[16:10:10] Aldryic says:

*redacted*

[16:10:12] Francisco says:

i'm getting you smash brothers

[16:10:13] Francisco says:

:3

[16:10:15] Francisco says:

for the 3ds.

[16:10:17] Francisco says:

it has net play.

[16:10:22] Francisco says:

IT HAS NET PLAY.

[16:10:32] Aldryic says:

...we'r enot gonna get shit done the rest of the year, are we <_<

[16:10:32] Aldryic says:

>_>

[16:10:40] Francisco says:

not at all bos

[16:10:41] Francisco says:

boss*

[16:10:45] Francisco says:

not. at. all. :3

alexh

Haha. Maybe. If I move out to the country I want/need a little truck. I'd trade my car and the motorcycle project I don't ever have time to work on for a little Ford Ranger or S10 that runs well.

Country living is amazing.
Same shit happened to me a few years ago, except they took black spray paint and covered my entire windshield and driver's side. It was late at night, and I needed to get home, so I had to clean it off with my t-shirt, vodka and water. Nothing makes me more upset than people needlessly vandalizing vehicles. It's so so so disrespectful, considering how hard many work to keep their cars clean.

I recently bought a (really) horrible '89 Nissan D21 for a project. I feel the same way you seem to about your bike; Never have time to work on it. But I'll tell you now that it's never worth giving up, because the feeling once you finish it can't be beat. My truck started with rusted floorpans, loose-bat insulation stuffed into the quarters, a broken fuel pump, broken emissions systems, blown VC gasket, rusted fuel and brake lines, mouldy seats and... more. It's been over 6 months now and I often feel like I've accomplished nothing... But then I think back to where I started, and it's great. I'm actually almost done now, with the exception of finishing a few welds on the floor pans, cleaning / replacing rear drums and backer plates, and cleaning / flushing the fuel tank. I've never really driven "older" cars, but it just feels great to sit in and drive. It feels like a real car, is peppy, and best of all, I know it's safe because of the work I put in. The only reason I bought the truck was because I wanted a RWD/standard vehicle, and thought I settled, but I couldn't be happier with what I chose. I bought the truck for $500 expecting to learn a few things while trying to fix it, but I learned more than I could've imagined. The $500 I spent, aside from part costs, is worth the learning experience alone.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Being tested for glaucoma is the worse part of going to the optometrist.

Unsure if it's me or the lady operating the machine, but they sniped quick bursts of air at each eyeball. It's impossible not to blink. I swear they did each eye like 10 times. It doesn't hurt, it's just irritating as hell.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
"Glaucoma". Surely you didn't think your doctor would give it away that easily anyway 7n5Xmvb.gif
Haha. Doesn't matter, Indiana isn't one of the states with that type of medicine.

Unsure if you've had your vision checked or had to have a glaucoma test done, it's pretty basic but the most irritating thing (For me). You rest your chin and forehead on these straps and look at this glowing dot inside this machine contraption and the machine shoots puffs of air directly at your eyeball. It's damn near impossible to NOT blink, so, for me at least, they had to hit each eye like ten times. It doesn't hurt, it's just irritating.

This is what the device looks like:

puffer-test.jpg

You just sit there like an idiot with your eyes wide open while the optometrist snipes your pupils with bursts of air all Call of Duty style.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Also, I may be moving out to the country side. I'm so excited at the thought of living in a tiny little cabin on six acres. Living in the city is nice sometimes, but nothing beats country living.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
If you move out to the country and have a gun room you'll look goddamn stupid if you don't get a proper gun dog or two to enjoy the extra space & hunting with (also because they are too noisy to have with close neighbors)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1StEXWh9Kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isq_KJHriU

TheLinuxBug

@MannDude use steel wool (like you would use on your pots and pans) and a razor blade on your windows to get the paint off.  The steal wool will not scratch your glass (though you might think it will) it will just take off the paint.  You can use the razor blade to get whatever it misses (in corners).  

Used to work in autobody repair/painting and that what you use to remove overspray (paint that accidentally makes it onto the care where it shouldn't be).

For the paint that is on the actual car, as its on top of your clear coat, you can get a special clay bar that they sell to use to remove the paint with or if you can't find one for a reasonable price, you should be able to take it to any autobody place and they should either have one or they can use rubbing compound and a buffer to remove the paint, also.

Hope this info helps :)

Edit: I guess I don't read this thread often enough and didn't notice that was over a month ago, lol, sorry I'm late to the party! :p

Cheers!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude use steel wool (like you would use on your pots and pans) and a razor blade on your windows to get the paint off.  The steal wool will not scratch your glass (though you might think it will) it will just take off the paint.  You can use the razor blade to get whatever it misses (in corners).  

Used to work in autobody repair/painting and that what you use to remove overspray (paint that accidentally makes it onto the care where it shouldn't be).

For the paint that is on the actual car, as its on top of your clear coat, you can get a special clay bar that they sell to use to remove the paint with or if you can't find one for a reasonable price, you should be able to take it to any autobody place and they should either have one or they can use rubbing compound and a buffer to remove the paint, also.

Hope this info helps :)

Edit: I guess I don't read this thread often enough and didn't notice that was over a month ago, lol, sorry I'm late to the party! :p

Cheers!
It's all good. It's been removed already. Car's paint wasn't in that great of shape anyway, the left side above the door is starting to peel off/fade away. The clear coat is gone. It's a $900 car though and it runs like crap, so I don't mind too much. It's just cosmetic stuff.

amuck-landowner