The cesspit / chat thread.

Discussion in 'The Pub (Off topic discussion)' started by xBytez, May 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. earl

earl Active Member

May 22, 2013
    hard boiled egg n whisky taste good. guess that's s why they have picked egg in bars

2. MannDude

MannDude Just a dude vpsBoard Founder Moderator

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    Probably better than the Leinenkugel and Taco Bell's mexican pizza I just ate.

earl likes this.
  3. earl

earl Active Member

May 22, 2013
    can't confirm but i'll take ur word for it..

4. Nick

Nick Moderator Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    Well I just got home from the pub and am sipping on a nice warm tea....I would've chosen a beer if there was one left in the fridge!

earl likes this.
  5. ChrisM

ChrisM Cocktail Enthusiast Moderator Verified Provider

Apr 2, 2013
    I hope that was Sweet Tea. :p

6. souen

souen Active Member

Jun 23, 2014
  7. Jonathan

Jonathan Woohoo Administrator Verified Provider

May 27, 2013
    jonspw
    Guess we officially have a convert.

8. MannDude

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    Sweet tea isn't only for the south. I grew up on sweet tea, it was made by the gallon.

I still brew some in bulk occasionally, usually in the summer months. But I'm a sucker for just buying a bottle when at the gas station.

9. ChrisM

Apr 2, 2013

Sweet tea is a Northern thing to. :p Most of the stores/Gas Stations up there sell Milo's.

10. earl

earl Active Member

May 22, 2013
    Crazy clouds today!!

ZMgYx1Cl.jpg

ChrisM likes this.
  11. MannDude

Mar 8, 2013
    MannDude
    NAvaZvB.png

Looks like tomorrow morning there will be a very good pass of the SO-50 satellite. I've made contact with it once but it's not common to get great overhead passes like this.

"SO-50 carries several experiments, including a mode J FM amateur repeater experiment operating on 145.850 MHz uplink and 436.795 MHz downlink. The repeater is available to amateurs worldwide as power permits, using a 67.0 Hertz PL tone on the uplink, for on-demand activation. SO-50 also has a 10 minute timer that must be armed before use. Transmit a 2 second carrier with a PL tone of 74.4 to arm the timer.

The repeater consists of a miniature VHF receiver with sensitivity of -124dBm, having an IF bandwidth of 15 KHz. The receive antenna is a 1/4 wave vertical mounted in the top corner of the spacecraft. The receive audio is filtered and conditioned then gated in the control electronics prior to feeding it to the 250mW UHF transmitter. The downlink antenna is a 1/4 wave mounted in the bottom corner of the spacecraft and canted at 45 degrees inward."​

WSWD and ChrisM like this.
  12. ChrisM

Apr 2, 2013
    @MannDude That is pretty cool I like the thought of communicating with something in space.

13. Geek

Geek Technolojesus Verified Provider

May 31, 2014
    __geek__
    1kxv7p82e7wy.gif

scv, Lee and ChrisM like this.
  14. ChrisM

Apr 2, 2013
    Been testing some chairs at work recently. I can't decide which one I like better.

I like the feel of the red chair but I like the cooling of the Blue chair. umm

IIE7hBe.jpg

B0QpNhL.jpg

15. Radi

Radi New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Came here after long break from the forum. Looks a bit like a desert. Anyone here? Earth to VPSBoarders...

16. Lee

Lee Retired Staff Retired Staff Verified Provider

Mar 25, 2013
    Nope it is more dead than a dead thing, Knownhost picked it up but dropped it fast and have made little effort with it.

17. Geek

Geek Technolojesus Verified Provider

May 31, 2014
    __geek__
    My great aunt passed away a few weeks ago. She was 92.
    We were friends since I could talk.

As time went on I realized that she lived a very comfortable life, and worked as the assistant to the CEO of one of Oregon's power plants. I'm not a hand-out guy, I'm more of "the best things in life are free" type. As often as she brought up her Will in her final years, I'd just as often tell her that I wasn't interested.

This week I learned...she left me just over a quarter of a million dollars. I'm still in shock.

18. ChrisM

Apr 2, 2013
    Sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. :'(

Invest the money wisely, her gift will help you for life.