amuck-landowner

The Simple Host - Cease of Trading

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
If anyone is interested it looks like The Simple Host is shutting down.  I haven't used them so I'll refrain from comment.  This is the email sent out:

Dear valued client,

If you no longer use our services, we apologise for this email and you can ignore the following.

Due to unforeseen circumstances The Simple Host will cease trading and all related services on the [SIZE=inherit]28th[/SIZE] of [SIZE=inherit]January[/SIZE] 2014. Please see the following:

Shared Hosting Users

All users should create a full backup of their site for prior to moving to another web hosting provider. Please see the following link on how to achieve this: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/BackupWizard. If you have any full months of service remaining, please see the refunds section below.

Domain Names

All users that wish to transfer their domain name elsewhere should request an EPP code which can be used to transfer their domain to another domain name registrar. You should do this as soon as possible to avoid loss of service.

VPS Users

You should take backups of all your files as soon as possible to avoid any loss of service. If any of your services use our name servers, these will be terminated on the [SIZE=inherit]28th[/SIZE] of [SIZE=inherit]January[/SIZE] (please see the domain section above). If you have any full months of service remaining, please see the refunds section below.

Dedicated Servers

Your servers will terminate on the [SIZE=inherit]28th[/SIZE] of [SIZE=inherit]January[/SIZE] 2014. If any of your services use our name servers, these will be terminated on the [SIZE=inherit]28th[/SIZE] of [SIZE=inherit]January[/SIZE]  (please see the domain section above). If you have any full months of service remaining, please see the refunds section below.

Refunds

As per our terms and conditions, all refunds will be based on any full months you have left on your service and be processed soon after the [SIZE=inherit]28th[/SIZE] of [SIZE=inherit]January[/SIZE] 2014. You will be required to email [email protected] with the subject "Refund Request".

- If you have a PayPal account, please include this so we can process your refund quicker.

- If you do not have a PayPal account, please include a source where we can deposit your refund to.

Thank you for your custom over the time you have spent with us.

Please contact [email protected] with any urgent questions.

Kind Regards,

The Simple Host.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Another kiddy host/deadpool.

And surprisingly...I can still order on their website

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Surprising to me!

I'm checking their pricing on WHT and it isn't terrible. The only thing I could see being an issue is the free domain.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1253422

Was the last offer I could find.

If they could keep a customer for past a month or so, the domain would be paid off (assuming it was a cheap domain and they used something like an ENOM reseller).

The website looks like a template, alas.

Francisco

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
There is nothing that I Jaye more than the legal munbo junbo used when hosts fail due to 'unforseen circumstances'.
 I know, right? Can you imagine if a host told you they were shutting down due to "forseen circumstances"? "Yeah, we're expecting to shut down pretty soon because we suck at business. Wanna buy a VPS?"

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I know, right? Can you imagine if a host told you they were shutting down due to "forseen circumstances"? "Yeah, we're expecting to shut down pretty soon because we suck at business. Wanna buy a VPS?"
^--- this :)  Glad to see you Mr. Strout!

Unforeseen?  Like what you ran out money for dope that keeps you animated?   Your heart stop pumping through those cold veins?  Perhaps you were in an industrial accident with a chipper that ate your arms?   

Yeah, people really go out of their way to act like English is their 4th language in their times of "distress".

"Hello customers.  We are writing to tell you effectively immediately you are as screwed as we are, maybe more.  Hurry, backup all your data before our upstream yanks us offline for months of overdue invoices."

amuck-landowner