amuck-landowner

The truth about Mao and BuyVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maounique

This has nothing to do with prometeus, as i said, this is from Before I even had a prometeus VM, not to mention working for him. 

It started when BuyVM tried to justify the banning of an app which posed 0 risks (relay nodes) or surcharging it later because there was a moral problem with alloing child rapists to use their services. If they had that concern should have closed shop, cp is all over the net. As a Tor nodes operator I took offense in being called that and was also struck by the violence of this uncalled attack and had a hunch there must be something else behind these attacks. 

It started this way but could have been stopped there if Aldryic stopped the attacks, but he intensiffied them the closest I got to the truth, with banning me at the end. 

Of course, I am not happy with this, being the constant punch bag of aldryic which breaks written and unwritten rules of forums and this is very frustrating when everyone approves that behaviour because it is for a good cause and he i one of  the good guys, our guys against the big bad mao out there. Even Prometeus becomes bad because hires such a monster. 

Sure, even hacking threats are ok, because, again, it is for a good cause. 

How BuyVM managed to keep all those skeletons in the closet for so long without being called for it, is simple, declare everyone a personal enemy and try to prove they are biased. It is also possible that other  providers were threatened with hacks and they decided to stay away of the wasp nest, lacking the balls to call it as it is. We all know Francico has deep solus knowledge from the illegal manipulation of the code (for one, decoding it is illegal, not to mention reusing parts of it in their products, but who cares about that solus are the bad guys, BuyVM the good guys). 

Then it is the case of them running OVZ inside KVM, the problems with all the DCs so far (except the last one, of course, those are much better than everything else, DCs must be crazy to do business with them anymore, but that is their loss), the lies (until I managed to PROVE their network sucks, it was the best in the world, you know), then it was the DC, even though the claims were easily proven false using basic math. BuyVM can do no wrong, Mao is the bad one here, CC, EGI, LET, even Salvatore now and everyone touched by them. We have only San Francisco and San Aldryic, part of the evangelical church of BuyVM. Their PR is good, no doubt about it, they still have some followers ready to take the worse deal because it comes from then and drop the good one because they dont like Mao, but that following is shrinking every day, the BuyVM quality does not resist scrutiny, the only way they can keep the illusion is by bullying people to shut up so nobody actually checks it or compare with similar, cheaper and better offers. 

I dare evryone to do some speed tests, compare BuyVM with the really bad CVPS, for example, we will see who stands better, the dears of these forums or the bad competition.

telephone

Am I missing something?

"No problem. I'll go provision myself a new VM on your solus in a bit."    =   "I'm going to hack you"  ???

^ Yes in the context of "e-penis" it could be a threat, but it's too ambiguous. I could read it and think "Sweet, more money in the bank".

@Mao put "I hate BuyVM" in your signature and be done with it. Your essay long replies are turning into nothing but incoherent ramblings... Even if you're right, right now you're the one who's dragging this through the mud (including this forum).

@HalfEatenPie can we move this thread to LET and let it be their problem?  :p

Note: I'm not siding with anyone, and I don't care who's right... When this starts pissing off a lurker like myself, things have gone too far!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Am I missing something?

"No problem. I'll go provision myself a new VM on your solus in a bit."    =   "I'm going to hack you"  ???

^ Yes in the context of "e-penis" it could be a threat, but it's too ambiguous. I could read it and think "Sweet, more money in the bank".

@Mao put "I hate BuyVM" in your signature and be done with it. Your essay long replies are turning into nothing but incoherent ramblings... Even if you're right, right now you're the one who's dragging this through the mud (including this forum).

@HalfEatenPie can we move this thread to LET and let it be their problem?  :p

Note: I'm not siding with anyone, and I don't care who's right... When this starts pissing off a lurker like myself, things have gone too far!
Exactly my point. The whole thing started because he somehow found a way to drag us into the UGVPS thread on LET with us being conmen, etc. Now, as I said, the discussion was 10+ pages into it already and he started this crap up. I took it to a PM, showed him that once again, we're running a 10gig port and not a single rate limit is in place yet he still continued.

He later changed his story on how the whole 'buyvm banned me' went along too. It went from 'Francisco and Aldryic gathered around a single computer and pressed a big red button' to 'You may have talked to Joel and said Mao is a pain in the ass....but it should have been up to the community to decide on a ban!!'.

It's so tiresome.

ALMOST 2 FREAKING YEARS.

Francisco

Darwin

As telephone said, when things start to piss of lurkers (like myself) things are wrong (when your first post in a forum is in a thread like this, they are really wrong).

Mao I really enjoy your posts and usually agree with your PoV. You are a great staff of prometeus and gave me great discounts a few times.

That being said, you really need to cool down. Francisco and Aldric don't give a shit about you, you are being trolled hard and don't figure out.

You even saw a biased HEP when he clearly was neutral.

There is a great quote from American History X: "Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
As telephone said, when things start to piss of lurkers (like myself) things are wrong (when your first post in a forum is in a thread like this, they are really wrong).

Mao I really enjoy your posts and usually agree with your PoV. You are a great staff of prometeus and gave me great discounts a few times.

That being said, you really need to cool down. Francisco and Aldric don't give a shit about you, you are being trolled hard and don't figure out.

You even saw a biased HEP when he clearly was neutral.

There is a great quote from American History X: "Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."
"There is nothing better than peace of mind".

I learned that one the hard way in my younger years.

Francisco

Hxxx

Fuck... their post are so long and I'm too lazy to read them. LOL 

Summary:

Is this about TOR banned in buyvm?

Mao in a rage because of that?

And BuyVM enjoying the moment?

LOL

AuroraZero

Ok guys enough is enough. I have listened to this shit for two years now. I like drama as much as the next guy, but this is a little high school now. I like both parties involved and have had services with both of you. I do not give a shit anymore what happened and where it happened. It is time for it end.

This kind of thing can destroy a community and we do not need that. I do not give two shits what went on at LE*. This is NOT LE*. I understand people hold grudges for what ever reasons but you MUST let them go or they will destroy you as a person.

Now I have no dog in this at all, nor do I endorse anyone at all. I am speaking from a community standpoint that if we can not get past this and let it go then we have a serious problem.

SrsX

Banned
From what I understand, Mao is being an angry fellow, and Fran/Aldryic are just telling him basically to drop it, it isn't the time nor the place for drama of this matter.

What I'm still shocked about is we can have a 7 page Mao VS BuyVM rage thread, but ColoCrossing, that's going to far.

I just had to say that.

AuroraZero

I agree and it should be dropped, but if there still is a problem it should become a private problem. It should not involve the entire community. Mao and Fran should set down and settle this in private like adults. If they come out friends fine, if they don't fine also. Let it end where it ends and be done with it.

The difference between this and CC is that CC is a corporate entity doing shady shit behind people's backs. Then denying it when they get caught doing it. They act like they are good guys and then do the exact opposite when the chips are down. If people allow them to keep doing this and do not keep their eyes on them they soon may well be too entrenched to do anything about. By then it will be late and we will all be screwed.

I laugh and joke and say some stupid things sometimes but the reality of the situation is if we do not protect ourselves no one is going to do it for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

perennate

Verified Provider
Are we really going to spend another two pages saying they should drop it and discuss in private? Seems like they did already..

Last edited by a moderator:

AuroraZero

Are we really going to spend another two pages saying they should drop it and discuss in private? Seems like they did already
No I am not I have said my peace and I am done. Doubtfull I will say much more on these boards period anymore. I will leave you all with one more piece of advice though. When you work for, or own, a company you are always in the public eye. Your actions and reactions are watched and judged. No matter whether you like it or not.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Actually I tried many times to get him to drop it but he flat out said that he will always continue his war against us because Aldryic is a dick or something to that affect.

I'm hoping at some point he'll piss off the admins enough to get smacked/warned for it. Then again, it'll just turn into "FRAN BANNED ME!!" like LET all over again.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Can I get a TL;DR of this thread?

I'm only somewhat in tune with what this is all about. Preferably someone who isn't Mao or Fran give me the run down. It's grown too long (heh) for me to be able to follow.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
All I see is "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" from all sides.

Mao brings up old stuff in threads where it didn't belong, Aldryic responds (in his special way), people gets upset, accusations gets thrown around, Fran joins in and defends Aldryic and upsets Mao even more. Onto the scene sneaks Sal, throws some words around, Fran responds and then it all repeats itself again.

Noone got hurt this time, except some emotional stress. It will probably cool off now and resurface again in another thread close by.

maounique

Noone got hurt this time, except some emotional stress. It will probably cool off now and resurface again in another thread close by.
Indeed, whenever BuyVM will play saints and cry "DC fault" I will be there to remind everyone how they behaved when they were pulling the strings in LET and ridiculing everyone who had an issue with the dc. They can hope time will make everyone forget and it is working indeed, but a few people never will.

So, Aldryic should always be ready with more insults and name calling tolerated by friendly mods which will also put mock names to topics, but is unlikely he will manage to ban me again, he learned his lesson :).

vRozenSch00n

Indeed, whenever BuyVM will play saints and cry "DC fault" I will be there to remind everyone how they behaved when they were pulling the strings in LET and ridiculing everyone who had an issue with the dc. They can hope time will make everyone forget and it is working indeed, but a few people never will.

So, Aldryic should always be ready with more insults and name calling tolerated by friendly mods which will also put mock names to topics, but is unlikely he will manage to ban me again, he learned his lesson :).
Please @Mao, throw away your grudge as it will degrade your reputation as a good person when every time you revoke old issues.

I know how it is like to be banned, in my case permanently, when you are trying to convey something you believe as a truth. 

Please @Mao, be more tactful. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner