amuck-landowner

The truth about Mao and BuyVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maounique

!! Thread was split from: !! - MD

Slow news day.
Do you know that CC still denies it ? mpkossen himself told me he doesnt think there is any truth in these "investigations" and Spirit said he has to protect the innocents from the lynchmob here :)

As long as the lies will continue from there, full disclosure here is required. 

OK, the solveddos has been pulled, but all the others remained.

People claim they cannot be bothered to check the offers, hidden whois is perfectly ok because they dont need pizza flyers and kevdam is a poor guy bullied by everyone because CVPS said he exist and saw his ssn.

Spirit even told me with a straight face that since I sign as John deer the tickets I am in the same boat, like Uncle ever said he saw my John Deer ID and that person exists and he dealt with it.

For the people here that remember it, do you think BuyVM would have ever admitted they have a network problem if i didnt keep dogging them until the truth came out and tens of people posted speedtests ? Until then it was just weird routing and a psycho with a fixation, after that was the DC, of course, the same excuse they used to mock when anyone else was using it. 

I say keep up the investigations, they will keep banning people, but hiding the truth wont work. A team effort will be needed to make them give back the IPs they are hoarding to sell at a big profit later, making lists with their customers wont work, it hurts some honest people and only proves they have many customers therefore the ip allocation is justiffied when only a few of those have more than a couple of servers while being also frontmen for CC covert operations.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@Mao, I am GLAD to see you over here :)

Spirit seems like a good dude, but I am totally unsure why he is blind about reality over on Lowend*. Do they pay him to be so inept?

I mean we saw Kossen have integrity the do a 180 turn and claim it is too much to research offers while mouthing in the back channels about "others" who are also engaging in shell companies -- as if that justifies anything. These fellows are paid or bribed or offered freebies which have done away with their integrity and common sense.

If Kossen and Lowend wanted offers vetted they'd pay me to do the work.

Kevdam --- hehe - that little sh!t actually DMCA'd this site over "my" avatar --- as Adam Ng... Me I say that is a photo of Kevin Hillstrand and Adam has no claim :) Faboozili and having his SSN, as if... proven to be a lie again.

There is a funnier Kevdam story that I'll tell now... Someone collaborated to discredit Kevdam before his outing with his fabricated New York stories - as if he was there. Someone sent him a satellite photo asking if it was CVPS/CC headquarters and he said oh yeah that's it. Meanwhile it was an image of a prison states away :)

As for the CC hosts / customers --- they'd be doing better with a real company without future impending possible doom and without 50 competitors also hosting with CC for $1.50 a month.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Spirit even told me with a straight face that since I sign as John deer the tickets I am in the same boat, like Uncle ever said he saw my John Deer ID and that person exists and he dealt with it.

There's a big difference between the two.  Your John Deer ID is basically a pen name you use when answering tickets (and you don't try to cover up the fact that J.D.=Mao), while Adam's "Kevin" was a 24/7 fabricated person complete with fake Facebook and LinkedIn profiles (and a fake family in NYC).  One of the primary reasons for the creation of "Kevin Hillstrand" was because Hostlatch (the company Spirit called " relatively successful company Hostlatch" when he chasticized me for picking on Adam) and its then 14-15 year old owner "Adam Jack" basically screwed a bunch of customers and was a really crappy quality provider and Adam created "Kevin" after selling HostLatch to try to cover up his past (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hostlatch+%2Bsite%3Awebhostingtalk.com).

maounique

I know Spirit is a nice guy, but he is so bitter these day that he doesnt see the fun. I dont know what they feed him, but I sent him this as a joke and he went crazy attacking me with bad words he should have been banned for close to Aldryic style that blew me away and I played along a bit. He considered the following as a genuine thing, whereas everyone would have seen the word sarcasm all over:

"If you wish to ban DomainBop for bringing up embarassing moments in the past of CC you can use the BuyVM approach, make a few accounts to post memes about him being butthurt and a few others requesting him to be banned, add a few flags to his posts and, by general vote he will be banned for being annoying. After he was banned you can also say he attacked or supported the attacks against LET and it is all by the book, clear-cut case."

That was before DB actually left, he said he never attacked or warned him as an administrator, in this post:

Spirit Administrator

edited December 28

@DomainBop how long will you go on with this? Is there a way for Adam to post anything at all without you getting all emotional again? I am saying this because there's a big chance that people don't want to read the same stuff or be part of your targeted vendetta in every non related thread all the time.

That was only his personal opinion annoyed by his constant reminders of CC and CVPS shady deals and lies. He went as far as saying we are the lynchmob buyvm style that cornered the poor winning guy and his pupil Kevin. Note the "people" excuse, he says it s his personal opinion, but that he is about to do will be in the interest of the "people". Perhaps he means the CC people, but missed the detail.

Spirit was a really spirited guy (pun intended), but I think CC puts something in his soda, he went nuts since a few days (which is understandable since he is given an impossible task, covering the truth by banning his friends and declaring holy wars to them). 

I will probably be banned there soon, BuyVM style, but past events proved that willnot stop the truth from being spread.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I feel for anyone still left chattering on Lowend* or trying. Between the constant sinking of threads, banning on folks and throw our admin hands in the air routine, it's like watching a slow motion trainwreck into a school bus full of nuns.

Now Mao, I know you harbor some bad juju about BuyVM in the past. Hopefully, somehow that can be made well in the future. I never had the experience with them inhibiting my forum time. Their participation in Lowend* prior to the hostile take-under/over was fairly big, but I never knew them to hold the keys to the site and dish things out. Not saying it didn't happen, but like I said before, gather the materials, tell a history lesson and have at a thread. If anything, it makes me triply support no provider operating or being near the operating of one of these sites. Too easy to get yanked into bad stuff or associated.

Spirit is a good dude, but something is afoul for sure. Being a moderator over there is dealing with constant sh!t storms and tit-for-tat brawls. I wish they'd be more diligent about researching offering companies and vetting the money. They won't/can't and I suspect Spirit and Kossen are both conflicted. Either listen to CC or beat it. For some reason the cash or their community perception matters more than integrity.

"lynchmob buyvm style that cornered the poor winning guy and his pupil Kevin."

Those two guys should have learned by now not to play games like they do.

Why does Spirit equate BuyVM is a lynchmob? Last time I checked it was two main guys and a few others in support. Hardly a mob... Not even enough folks for a proper sports team.

All I can say about Kevdam is:

Funny, LEB still has offers and comments from Kevin Hillstrand:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/chicagovps-21quarter-3gb-openvz-in-atlanta-buffalo-chicago-and-los-angeles/

^--- more work for moderation on LEB/LET.

maounique

The issue with buyvm is that they suddenly started attacking Tor hosts as being at least immoral if not outright child abusers. That struck me as strange and i started an investigation for 2 months and slowly reached the problem, they were serving thousands of customers each with at least 500 GB traffic allocated on a 2 gbps line. Now, doing the math, it was painfully obvious that cannot work in practice and something got to give, either almost all people suffer, they put some limitation, kick people using most alloted traffic under various pretexts or all of the above. 

When it became political and started to call us names (Tor operators, it was more than 6 months before I joined Uncle) i called their bluff and started a long struggle to prove their network sucks. Because they were the dear of the community and owners over Chief (Francisco refused the keys and put Chief as the strawman because wanted to avoid the issues that are now bubbling there under CC rule and give the appearance of legitimity to every second thread praising them) that didnt wor well at first,it took time before people actually started to compare speeds from different providers.

It was a long thread where people started in the end sharing their speeds and we all could see what was in reality the quality network of BuyVM. Aldryic tried a lot of intimidation techniques, from name calling (which should have earned him a ban directly) to memes and other attacks together with the whole BuyVM gang, which I suspect some were only fake accounts but i kept going polite and show the flaws in the logic, did math again every page and the evidence kept coming. 

Their mistake was that they didnt ban me from the start, after the cat was out of the bag, the ban came too late and for the ridiculous reason (varies depending whom you ask) of being annoying or because I was paising constantinos for the DDoS.

They have no reason to ban me today either, so they try to pull the "annoying" trick again or set me up with something, however, I know it is coming and already said my goodbyes. The same "annoying" trick tried Spirit with DomainBob, see the "people" which nobody asked for an opinion that were behind Spirit in his heroic attempt to protect kevdam from the lynchmob, starting a holy war against prometeus by dropping the gazillion VMs that had with such a bad provider (I told him he started to sound like jarland on dope, I wonder why people without arguments try to bring prometeus in this when it has nothing to do with it, i voice my opinion as a forum member, I might be wrong, so what ?)

As you can see, history is repeating itself, people which dont like some points of view and opinions are pulling the "annoying" trick to get rid of people that didnt break any rule while their protegees are breaking not only written rules, but also minimalistic decency rules. Just look at that guy, mazker, banned ban evasion, stillt here proven scammer and illegal activities operator, yet he is still on while "The People" discuss my banning. 

At first I said CC rule is better than what BuyVM rule was, but now they start to show true colours, they understood they can no longer tolerate dissent as  too many of their shady deals are getting exposed, this forum and probably a free one that might spawn later will expose such practices and in the end everyone will lose. Who doesnt learn from the mistakes of the past is condemned to repeat them.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Mao, trust me being the ban evader over there and one semi-often earlier mistaken for being you, that sometimes, we are so right, yet somehow we continue to get slapped around and ridiculed.

I really welcome a full and separate BuyVM thread and ideally something constructive from all involved. BuyVM has always been straight with me. I suspect there is more to the story and I hope we can make something good of the prior bad experience you had. I see the Tor and users vs. bandwidth thing. Imaginary resources abound in this industry --- wondering if that was a case of such then vs. misrepresentation intentionally?

This forum will continue to be provider neutral and heavy on dialogue about outright wrong behavior of providers as well as pointing out the suspected may be bad behavior. As long as I am here and participating this forum will stay clean and neutral, albeit heavy on CC due to what transpired over there and continued abuse of those sites. It is a HUGE concern that such sites be provider unaffiliated to prevent censorship and upstream provider bias.

I was paising constantinos for the DDoS
Oh, you did that too :) Hehe no wonder why folks thought we might be one in the same :) We should exhume that dead body and revisit what happened with those attacks. In light of timelines, ownership and what we know today. I never really bought Constantinos being implicated, however, I wasn't intimately involved/never saw the real proof then.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
The issue with buyvm is that they suddenly started attacking Tor hosts as being at least immoral if not outright child abusers. That struck me as strange and i started an investigation for 2 months and slowly reached the problem, they were serving thousands of customers each with at least 500 GB traffic allocated on a 2 gbps line. Now, doing the math, it was painfully obvious that cannot work in practice and something got to give, either almost all people suffer, they put some limitation, kick people using most alloted traffic under various pretexts or all of the above.
I remember the ban of TOR hosters.

Would explain some test readings through that time.

SrsX

Banned
@drmike: If you dig a bit you'll find a shutdown server and viewing via google archives you'll find solveddos.sql database.

Jack

they were serving thousands of customers each with at least 500 GB traffic allocated on a 2 gbps line. Now, doing the math, it was painfully obvious that cannot work in practice and something got to give, either almost all people suffer, they put some limitation, kick people using most alloted traffic under various pretexts or all of the above. 
I don't agree with this, EGI put xx number of Gbit ports on a 10Gbit switch or something.. Fran I think is very open with the operation they run.

Not 'till now'. When we moved from EGI we pushed about 700Mbit/sec and rarely go anywhere near even 1Gbit/sec. Short of throwing a flood out the door there was no way to push it 'past' that point.

Once in LV we got the router racked up and peaked around 1.3 - 1.4Gbit/sec of usage with LACP's. At that point we were simply suffering from the hashing the CPU has to do as well as the terrible interrupt handling the e1000 nic's have. We bought a nice brocade we were going to use but at only 2 x 10Gbit ports we ran out of ports when trying to do port mirroring. The brocade would have done LACP w/o issue i'm sure since its hashing is handled in hardware, not dumped on the CPU.

The new box is a dual hex core E5 2620 w/ Intel x520's. We got 4 x 10gbit ports and 6 x 1Gbit ports using IGB* based drivers which have proper queue support. We sit at 0.0 - 0.2 loads at 1.2 - 1.4Gbit/sec. Autonull munches on some CPU so we're now sitting at < 0.5 loads (half a core in other words).

Francisco
Fran posted that on LET after the LV move... 

They didn't use anywhere near Gbit nevermind the 2Gbit they had.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Don't worry about him, Jack.  I remember who he is now.. the kid that got all shades of butthurt over my opinion, and despite the very clear declaration that is was my opinion alone, the kid decided to wage some kind of war against BuyVM as a whole, going as far as to invent ridiculous stories regarding the networking issues we had with EGI.  What's hilarious is, when presented with any form of truth he dislikes, he will simply fabricate new stories to believe in.

He was under some kind of impression that I had some kind of power at LET (go ask any mod ever about that, they'll laugh in your face), rather than realizing it was his own childish actions that brought any sort of repercussion down on him.  That'll never change, and we'll likely see the same cycle repeat itself here unless he finally grows up.

maounique

I remember the ban of TOR hosters.

Would explain some test readings through that time.
They said they are doing it on moral grounds because we are all child molesters, then they changed tune when quite a few people on let were proven to be "child molesters" and they said they do it because it is risky. When I proved that a relay will not be risky at all, they slapped a 5$ surcharge on it and allowed it for a short time.

All the time the real reason whas that the poor 2 gbps line was drowning under the pressure of so many people and if they started to use 10% of their allocation nothing would have been working anymore.

We have maybe half the customers buyvm had then i tell you 2 gbps will not be enough even for 10% of them at peak times. 

Even today BuyVM denies they were pulling the strings on LET, even if Francisco admitted he helped Chief (frankly that guy was incompetent, the little he did was Fran's work) you know what happened when there was enough proof CC is running LET, but that didnt happen under buyvm rule. 

What i say here is that history is repeating itself, now CC tries to ban me by the hand of Spirit/mpkossen when in the past BuyVM banned me by the hand of Chief. 

All because I was telling things that were annoying to the owners. Not because I broke any rule, on the contrary, aldryic and spirit were the ones calling names and breaking the rules of decency, yet, being annoying and knowing nothing about the issue at hand are capital sins that merit bans, even admitting they are true. 

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Mao, you do realize that you're doing nothing more than starting old shit right up again, correct?  There's no chance I'm going to sit around and let you tell your childish lies about BuyVM.

My advice to you?  Stop acting like a kid, grow up, and move on.  You had plenty of time to express your opinions before - don't ruin another community with your bullshit.

maounique

Then dont let me. You didnt before either, this is what i try to say, CC does the same you did, but now you are the good guys and defend freedom of speech when you did exactly the same when you ruled the place. 

I wouldnt play the saint if I were you, I would prove I learned something from the past and I humbly admit I was wrong in the CC case, I thought the attacks were exagerated (I still think that to some point), their rule is not better than yours and will get worse. 

I am merely pointing out how history is repeating itself.  CC didnt learn from your example, you understood nothing from the past.

What you fail to understand as well as CC is that I dont care if I am banned, Uncle doesnt care either frankly I am a liability in these forums and I know it, because of my "attitude" Francisco will punish Prometeus, so being banned will be better for everyone except for the truth.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Then dont let me.
Don't worry, I won't let you.  Any time you tell your lies, I'll be there to let people know just how untrustworthy you and your stories are.  I can't wait for you to claim that I can get people banned though.  It's typical of you - always blaming someone else for your own faults and problems.

I wouldnt play the saint if I were you,
I never play the saint.  I'm the asshole of BuyVM, and I say that proudly.  YOUR mistake was thinking you could play at all.

I learned something from the past and I humbly admit I was wrong in the CC case, I thought the attacks were exagerated (I still think that to some point)

Too bad you stopped learning there.  Hard evidence has been shoved in your face before about EGI's screwed up network, and you ignored it then.  Continuing to ignore that while admitting fault regarding CC just shows how butthurt you are over _MY_ opinion regarding TOR - you're willing to continue to tell lies about a company simply because you have a difference in opinion with a single person.

I am merely pointing out how history is repeating itself.

The difference here is that we never owned or ran LET.  And despite all of your lies, you or anyone else will NEVER find proof otherwise, as it does not exist.

I dont care if I am banned, Uncle doesnt care either frankly I am a liability in these forums
The latter of this is the most truthful thing you have ever said.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sal cut you loose for your actions - you're trying VERY hard to stir up problems between BuyVM and Prometeus simply by bringing him into the picture.  But Sal is 100% uninvolved, and MannDude knows very well that you do not represent the company of a better man than you.  You, and you alone, will suffer the consequences of your actions.

because of my "attitude" Francisco will punish Prometeus, so being banned will be better for everyone except for the truth.
Only you suffer because of your childish actions.  With the above, you have just insulted two good men that want nothing to do with your bullshit;  you owe apologies to them both.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
He cannot "ruin" this community by bashing.

If he would be able to ruin it - Dr. Mike had allready killed it with the CC rants.

For me only the target is different.

But this should only be a problem of BuyVM and not one of the community.
Correct.  Problem is, the kid never could keep his rants private, or even focused to single threads.  Notice how this thread has nothing to do with us?  Yet already he tried to drag up old crap in a completely unrelated thread.

The biggest difference is, pub will create dedicated CC threads, and typically only participate in CC hate in unrelated threads if it has already been brought up.  Mao here will try to derail every thread he can with this nonsense, and in the end the community suffers most for it.

vRozenSch00n

I know Spirit since December 2008 as a fellow LEBers and LETers. He is a "straight to the point" and "see no evil hear no evil" kind of guy. He and some long timers like Mao, DB, Sleddog and many more is one of the reason that I kept lurking at LEB & LET.

IMHO he is quite frustrated of trying to be a good forum administrator who see unjust conduct while his hands are tied, and it is uneasy for someone who has been with LEB & LET for some times to just leave and forget, and I don't think its about money, but more likely his good standing.

Edit: changed the year from 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner