amuck-landowner

There are still good people in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovenose

Verified Provider
I just want to say, there are still good people in this world. Having somewhat lost hope, this customer made me cry and made my day all the same. It's been a sad couple days for me. Goodbye ShoveHost VPS, I loved you.

Product Name: Standard VPS
Cancellation Type: End of Billing Period
Cancellation Reason: thanks for good and a reliable service. I did not regret it at all - just like you originally said :D

Dear ShoveHost VPS Customer,

This is Michael, Owner of ShoveHost. You are getting this email because you currently have at least one active VPS (Virtual Private Server) with ShoveHost.

We regret to inform you that ShoveHost will no longer be providing Virtual Private Servers. I have really enjoyed working with each and every one of our valued customers to provide you with the VPS hosting services you expect over the past few years. Unfortunately, we are finally shutting down our VPS hosting services permanently, for various reasons.

If you do not care about your data or you don't use your VPS, please log in to your client area at my.shovehost.com and simply submit a cancellation request. Otherwise, please purchase a VPS from another provider and move your data over as soon as possible. Our VPS nodes are going to be shut down forever on 3/9/2014, and the hard drives will be securely wiped shortly afterward to ensure your personal security. We will not retain any backups of the data on these servers, so please don't delay!

If you need help finding a replacement provider, I would personally recommend Catalyst Host. In fact, I've arranged with them to provide a home for ShoveHost VPS customers that don't know where to go, and want even more awesome service. Please use promo code "" during checkout of any (OpenVZ or KVM) VPS plan on their website https://catalysthost.com/ for a 30% recurring discount for the first 12 months (1 year) of service with them. If you have any questions you can contact them at[email protected] or via the contact form on their site.

Due to the nature of the industry we will be unable to provide refunds for the majority of our VPS customers. Please open a ticket in the my.shovehost.com client area if you have any concerns regarding this.

So, to summarize: Your ShoveHost Virtual Private Server will be going offline permanently on March 9th, 2014. Please back up and/or migrate your data to another provider sometime before then.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and we assure you this decision was not made quickly, lightly, or happily. If you've got any questions or concerns please log into my.shovehost.com and open a ticket to the appropriate department. Thanks again for being a part of ShoveHost VPS for the past few years and we look forward to serving you in the web hosting field in the future.

Michael Staake
Owner - ShoveHost

http://www.shovehost.com

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'd say most people are genuinely good and kind. It's nice to have reassurance of this from time to time.

Sorry to see you close, may I ask what the reason being?

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
That's a bit short of a notice to March 9th, when was that sent out?

I'll be honest I didn't expect ShoveHost to last this long so good on you for going this far, I hope if there is a next time you will be prepared a little more. Good luck for your future. :)

P.S. Nothing can beat all the clients that just say "I love you" to me personally, always makes me laugh, I don't even know why.

shovenose

Verified Provider
That was sent out like two or three days ago...

ShoveHost will live on but as a Web Hosting only provider. Thanks for the kind words though.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
ShoveHost will live on but as a Web Hosting only provider. Thanks for the kind words though.
So that doesn't really answer the question - not that you're under any obligation to answer, of course.

VPS hosting wasn't profitable, too much over work, not enough interest, better things to do with your time, prefer to do underwear modeling, or...?  Just curious.

shovenose

Verified Provider
It's definitely not that I'm not interested. In fact, I care(d). But I need to move on from the spam, the abuse, the DDoS attacks, the list could go on...

And the VPS hosting service, it simply didn't generate enough income to cover the constant management required, especially when I'm already working a pretty much full time job, doing web design/dev off to the side, and am creating a new company in an entirely different industry that suits me better. And if it isn't a low end VPS company with a few dedicated servers, WHMCS, and SolusVM, it requires much much more and better business planning than ShoveHost did.

Almost all of my customers for ShoveHost (Web Hosting only now) are/will be local small business clients. Much better clients than a majority of the people that signed up for ShoveHost VPS.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
@shovenose, I never had a chance to write a review, but the VPS that I did have from your node was solid and reliable. Keep up the great work in the Shared Hosting business and any other future endeavors that you take on. Your passion, commitment and determination will get you far. Don't let the internet discourage you :)

shovenose

Verified Provider
.... and then there was Mun. That guy was an ass hole. I wish he would fucking die.
I never said that nor did I think that. If you want to "fucking die" then go ahead. But first call 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

HaitiBrother

Wait, he's finally giving up?

There really is a god...

Another host down, great, Shovenose, can you go work for HostNun now and get them? We'll call it a package deal?

shovenose

Verified Provider
Wait, he's finally giving up?

There really is a god...

Another host down, great, Shovenose, can you go work for HostNun now and get them? We'll call it a package deal?
And then there are some not so good people on the planet too.

tonyg

Ok, so shovenose sent himself a "going out of business notice" and he is proud of it?

From what I could gather, shovenose is the provider and client all at the same time.

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner