amuck-landowner

There are still good people in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Ok, so shovenose sent himself a "going out of business notice" and he is proud of it?

From what I could gather, shovenose is the provider and client all at the same time.

I don't get it.
Sorry, I'm not sure how you extrapolated that?

I simply pasted my mass email to all VPS clients into the post to provide some context for that customer's cancellation request? Why exactly would I want to email myself that?

tonyg

Sorry, I'm not sure how you extrapolated that?

I simply pasted my mass email to all VPS clients into the post to provide some context for that customer's cancellation request? Why exactly would I want to email myself that?
Read the top of your original post...the part about "this customer made me cry..."

Anyways, sorry about your business.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Shovenose just got shoved off the edge.

I'll miss the funnies Shove did/caused/contributed to at times.

I've been saying, this is the year for implosions and companies going goodbye.  Money isn't sustainable and the audience most hosts are targeting in the cheap world is pretty bad.

Hopefully, you continue to lurk and have interest in the industry Shove!

HaitiBrother

What provider/business do you run again?
Web Hosting & VPSes in Germany, Romania, Lux. Dedicated servers in USA, Germany, Lux, Netherland. NL, Lux, Germany all colo'd with own 42U rack. Rented ips atm. (going to get own AS within the next few months hopefully).

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
So what's another provider with so many locations and so much experience doing lamenting the failure of another business or indeed trying to get another one removed, jokingly or not?

shovenose

Verified Provider
To be fair, this is the same guy that (multiple times) requested his own ban when he was "leaving for good".. only to resurface a few weeks or a month later. I'm sure we'll see more VPSes from shovehost down the road.
First off, by the time I ever sell VPS again it won't be under the ShoveHost brand. Second, it will certainly NOT be LowEnd-priced. Third, it'll have the infrastructure and team of a real company behind it. So no, you are not always right.

HaitiBrother

I know Martin you still prefer the lowenddrama, but it's just a bit of humour, I understand if you can't handle it; most people can't.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
No, I can't stand it. I also can't stand people try to stir the shit up and I'm pretty sure the majority of people here feel the same.

GVH-Jon

Banned
First off, by the time I ever sell VPS again it won't be under the ShoveHost brand. Second, it will certainly NOT be LowEnd-priced. Third, it'll have the infrastructure and team of a real company behind it. So no, you are not always right.
Good luck trying to break into the premium market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner