amuck-landowner

Thoughts on Newegg

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
My experiences have been mixed with Newegg. Anymore, if I can find it on Amazon, I go that route, otherwise Newegg it is.

qps

Verified Provider
I think NewEgg needs to invest in some better packing materials.  Many of their boxes arrive damaged.  I also think that the NewEgg logo on the outside of the box is an indicator to UPS to try to do as much damage to the box as possible.

I rarely have problems with SuperBiiz or Amazon, so many of our orders are going there now.

Kairus

I love newegg although I haven't shopped there in a while. They're great to work with, fast shipping, easy RMAs, no real issues. Newegg and Amazon fill probably 95% of my online shopping.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I think NewEgg needs to invest in some better packing materials.  Many of their boxes arrive damaged.  I also think that the NewEgg logo on the outside of the box is an indicator to UPS to try to do as much damage to the box as possible.

I rarely have problems with SuperBiiz or Amazon, so many of our orders are going there now.
Hmmm... Never had any such problems myself.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Hmmm... Never had any such problems myself.
Me neither! I once ordered just an OEM hard drive (meaning no retail packaging) and they put it in a very small box. I watched the UPS guy throw it over the gate (at my old house there was a ~2.5ft high gate)... but it still worked.

Out of the hundreds of things I've ordered I have yet to receive anything that either was DOA, didn't work right, or needed to be replaced under warranty.

Though lately a lot of stuff has been coming via OnTrac I think they are using UPS less.

When I built my own computer last time they split it into three orders (case, everything else, something else) one came UPS, one OnTrac, one FedEx it was bizarre lol.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
2 1/2 hours from order placed to shipped out with tracking number. Be here in two days. I  :wub: Newegg

earl

2 1/2 hours from order placed to shipped out with tracking number. Be here in two days. I  :wub: Newegg
They have some nice supermicro mobile rack that I was thinking about ordering..

a bit off topic just curious about the serverhub deal for $6.99/mo.. how did you get the free cPanel? and how is the service so far?

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
a bit off topic just curious about the serverhub deal for $6.99/mo.. how did you get the free cPanel? and how is the service so far?
A lot off topic, but anyway... The service is fine, but I think you may have me confused with someone else. I don't have cPanel on the server, and I did not get a free license.

earl

A lot off topic, but anyway... The service is fine, but I think you may have me confused with someone else. I don't have cPanel on the server, and I did not get a free license.
Yes I think I did, it was 24khost that said it came with free cPanel but the server was overloaded.. still a good deal thought considering the 5 IP's, thanks..

earl

I wanted to build something like this! but those mobile racks are $100 each set at Newegg..

Cropped-1.jpg

WHSv2.3---Front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner