amuck-landowner

thread for buffalooed to investigate

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So Slickdeals has some Colocrossing bias?  I wonder why...  Never used the site / unfamiliar other than in passing name.

lwhite68

already knew CVPS was bad cos of their facebook page, didnt know anything about VPSAce, so i read this whole thread, was long but worth it, didnt really understand it cos im a noob but i kind of assumed same people who owns CVPS also owns VPSAce which is all i needed to know to avoid VPSAce

dcdan

Verified Provider
vpsblast same as bandwagonhost (owned by it7 networks)

We do not hide the fact that run both bandwagonhost and vpsblast. They are different services ran on different hardware. To be honest I am not sure why we were dragged into this discussion. We were featured @ LEB twice in the past 12 months (bandwagon deals only), and on WHT I only have one account (and use it to post our promos for both our services).

lwhite68

was shocked to see kev from b2net solutions mentioned, i spoke with him a few times on msn and irc in the past (2003-2004) when b2shells (hosting for irc shells) was still around.. lost touch with him after i moved to ispeeds in 2004 (for cheaper prices) but he was cool 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
was shocked to see kev from b2net solutions mentioned, i spoke with him a few times on msn and irc in the past (2003-2004) when b2shells (hosting for irc shells) was still around.. lost touch with him after i moved to ispeeds in 2004 (for cheaper prices) but he was cool 
This entire thread isn't about Kev :) Rather about B2 Net and Chris the owner.  Shell-company-galora.  He might have been cool, but the shell games with these many companies of his posing as different companies isn't.

No doubt it's the same company.  That b2shells.com whois info points to Kev and company = B2 Net Solutions.  Domain registered 2004-03-10.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We do not hide the fact that run both bandwagonhost and vpsblast. They are different services ran on different hardware. To be honest I am not sure why we were dragged into this discussion. We were featured @ LEB twice in the past 12 months (bandwagon deals only), and on WHT I only have one account (and use it to post our promos for both our services).
Well, I didn't bring you into this thread.

I think you are a tad better than others with the brands and disguising.

Top level observations:

http://vpsblast.net/about.php

"VPS Blast is a brand of IT7 Networks"

= Good.

The footers on that site says:

"Copyright © 2012 IT7 Networks Inc"

= Good

This:

http://it7.net/

"We provide quality webhosting services to a wide base of customers since 2004. We deliver the best possible features and service availability to our customers. IT7 Networks operates under several different trademarks in Europe and North America."

No mention or link to the "different trademarks".

= BAD but likely some reasoning behind that.

Now the bad or what may have others thinking in some other way :)

link: http://bandwagonhost.com/

No mention of the parent brand there.  No About Us or similar page.

The only mention of IT7 is within the FAQ:

Aren't you going to disappear with my money tomorrow?

We've been around for quite a while; our parent company, IT7 Networks, operates since 2004. Bandwagonhost servers are managed by the same team of experts who manage many other mid- and high-end webhosting environments.
Overall, yes, much better, not a shell game player.

My advice:

1. About Us style pages on sites.

2. Footer - add to copyright the parent company:

(i.e. Copyright 2013, AnotherVPS Company a Big Corporation company

dcdan

Verified Provider
Thank you for your comments, I will make it more apparent that IT7 runs Bandwagon Host too. I have modified the footer @ Bandwagon host, however, seems like adding an About Us page would require some messing with the code, which I will do once we get the new KiwiVM update out :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
All good @dcdan.  If one person sees/thinks something 10 others probably are noticing/thinking the same.

Glad to see a positive and clean slate with your companies.

amuck-landowner