amuck-landowner

To all my Muslim brothers and sisters

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Happy dinner time to you also.   Time for a good proper meal, right?

Wish more Americans knew of Ramadan.  Knowledge cures most fear and bad behavior.

Do you fast other times also?   I am a regular faster.   As in multiple times per week.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Happy dinner time to you also.   Time for a good proper meal, right?

Wish more Americans knew of Ramadan.  Knowledge cures most fear and bad behavior.

Do you fast other times also?   I am a regular faster.   As in multiple times per week.
Haha about time I can eat lunch :p.

Yes, indeed. The teaching of ramadan can be really valuable. Learning self control, sharing and be happy are some of the main thing ramadan teaches us :). Atleast no one is bombing anyone.

Yeh, I fast ocassionaly. Special days and so on.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So, do we consider Ramadan a holiday in the Muslim world or is the word holiday a non native / unfamiliar word?  (never know where some sliver of enlightenment shall escape from).

I've had many friends who were Islam adherents.   Never managed to fully grasp everything and their practices were undoubtedly very "Americanized" (i.e. they were born and raised in the US).

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
So, do we consider Ramadan a holiday in the Muslim world or is the word holiday a non native / unfamiliar word?  (never know where some sliver of enlightenment shall escape from).

I've had many friends who were Islam adherents.   Never managed to fully grasp everything and their practices were undoubtedly very "Americanized". 
Ramadan is the month of fasting. Eid is the end of ramadan which is counted as a religous holiday. We actually have 2 Eid Eid Ul Fitar (The one after ramadan) and Eid ul Adha (Day of sacrifice),

Yeh, It changed in lot of different things but the core remains same "Peace, Punctuality and Belief"

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
I used to live across from my uni's Islamic center and I remember them having some delicious smelling dinner parties/banquets/potlucks when it was time to break fast

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
:) Yes the topic title stands out on here @jarland.  Good to see you my friend!

I love Middle Eastern food - minus the meat.   Sign me up for potluck in the lounge here :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Cocaine and Rick James were hell of friends.

I know Jarland and he wouldn't stereotype like that or mean anything malicious like that.

When I first saw this thread I did a WTF and heart raced for a second.  But knowing the poster, I was a tad relieved and ready to read.

It's a stand out post for sure.   I like it though. Happy holiday to all.

Now can we discuss why the US is shuttering embassies all over the random place with coincidence with end of Ramadan? Weird disjointed whateverness ehh?

Al Qaeda is going to attack?  Huh, the US is Al Qaeda.  Doesn't Al Qaeda mean "the toilet".  What kind of group would name themselves "the toilet"?

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Cocaine and Rick James were hell of friends.

I know Jarland and he wouldn't stereotype like that or mean anything malicious like that.

When I first saw this thread I did a WTF and heart raced for a second.  But knowing the poster, I was a tad relieved and ready to read.

It's a stand out post for sure.   I like it though. Happy holiday to all.

Now can we discuss why the US is shuttering embassies all over the random place with coincidence with end of Ramadan? Weird disjointed whateverness ehh?

Al Qaeda is going to attack?  Huh, the US is Al Qaeda.  Doesn't Al Qaeda mean "the toilet".  What kind of group would name themselves "the toilet"?
For what it matters, America created Laden so they can fight against russia. You know as they say, you bite your own dust.

Jihad is not killing innocent for FFS! Extremist are what we call shit hole.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
For what it matters, America created Laden so they can fight against russia.
It always makes me laugh when Americans conveniently forget who originally put people like Laden and Hussain in power (yup, Saddam worked directly for the CIA for years helping overthrow Iraq with CIA's direct intent of placing him in as the new leader).

SeriesN

Verified Provider
It always makes me laugh when Americans conveniently forget who originally put people like Laden and Hussain in power (yup, Saddam worked directly for the CIA for years helping overthrow Iraq with CIA's direct intent of placing him in as the new leader).
Wasn't to take out none other than Gaddafi? Oh the irony.

amuck-landowner