amuck-landowner

Tony Stewart (Nascar Driver) Killed Fellow Driver on Track

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
Could have been prevented. You never get out of your vehicle, especially run out in front of other drivers once you have crashed / spun out, until you are told to.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yep, saw this earlier. I'm not a big fan of racing, though I suppose that dirt racing they were doing looks more fun and interesting than your average NASCAR race. Though when I was reading this earlier, it was brought up how Tony Stewart is known in the sport for his anger and has always been associated with being a dickhead.

Now, with that said I (and others) don't think he purposely tried to hit the man. Did he have a malicious intent, given his history of being a total douche bag, attempt to 'scare' the other driver by driving too close to him or trying to hit him with mud and debris? Probably. And of course, even if it was an accident, if his intent was to 'scare' him by doing something like that... then well, that's not going to be good for Tony.

And yeah, don't get out of your car on a poorly lit night track when people are racing to express your disagreement with another driver. You shouldn't do it on the freeway and shouldn't do it on a race track...

EDIT: Fun fact, I was just in Tony Stewart's hometown of Columbus, Indiana this weekend as I had to travel through it to get to and get back from a wedding. They proudly display "Hometown of Tony Stewart" on signs...

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That driver, who is now dead, was 20 years of age.

I saw the footage and the track didn't seem that darn bright to me.  Last thing you do in such instance is taunt drivers and stay on the track like that fool was.  He just barely missed getting hit by the first vehicle.

I have zero love for racing around a damn circle, never have. 

I can't see Stewart being charged.  I can see him losing endorsements and doing what he can out of pocket for the family of the deceased driver (especially where/if the guy had a wife and/or children).

blergh

Verified Provider
It's sad when people have to die like this, but the article was pretty-damn hilarious in all it's sensationalism.

Stuff like "Rich Willis, who was at the track, said he didn't see exactly what happened but his sister down in Turn 1 did. He saw Stewart and Kevin Ward get into the wreck."

He didn't see what was happening but still did? Nice.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's sad when people have to die like this, but the article was pretty-damn hilarious in all it's sensationalism.

Stuff like "Rich Willis, who was at the track, said he didn't see exactly what happened but his sister down in Turn 1 did. He saw Stewart and Kevin Ward get into the wreck."

He didn't see what was happening but still did? Nice.
Unsure what is more shocking, that the media in the US pays such folks to write such or that no one notices the flawed logic in such a crazy quotable.

Perhaps that site uses the autobot content creation method?

scott2020

This story would have lasted 2 seconds in the mainstream news if Tony Stewart wasn't involved.  I feel bad for the dudes family, but it was dumb to try and be Billy bad ass walking out on the track like that.  unfortunately it is something the young kid learned from watching his "heros" do it in NASCAR races that are phony put-ons for the sake of TV and to try and make it interesting.  maybe NASCAR will now tone down the WWE like fake antagonism for the sake of popularity.

amuck-landowner