amuck-landowner

Too funny

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I remember when Kennedy wasn't too bad on the eyes. Time, oh time.

I wonder if DC has a maximum height / number of stories for new builds. Actually, I know they have a limit:

"Unlike other large cities in the U.S., Washington's downtown has a low skyline. With the advent of the skyscraper and the construction of the Cairo Hotel, residents were concerned that the city's European feel might be dwarfed by high-rise buildings. Congress therefore passed the Heights of Buildings Act in 1899, limiting any new building in Washington to a height of 110 feet (34 m). The act was amended in 1910 to allow buildings 20 feet (6.1 m) higher than the width of the adjacent street."

Looks like the neighboring buildings are existing and probably very old/built when high rises weren't the fashion. Thus, a bunch of low skyliners with the modern el dildo jutting up in the middle.

Perplexed by the reason.tv group. Are they a libertarian group or what? See the put out a publication and are asking for donations. Seems like weird pieces like this wouldn't help anyone except say the Onion or the after the news comedy guys.

amuck-landowner