amuck-landowner

Too many VPS Sites

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
As an artist, I totally agree to this. I understand the ramifications of originality and finality of a works location. I would simply like to come up with some way in which we as a community would be able to see the works posted on many of the sites and blogs run by this community.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks @bcarlsonmedia.

Tech is always so quick to "create" programs that bulldoze content, then ask for forgiveness or pay a token bag of shiny beads afterwards.  Both approaches I've long held as inadequate and typically should cost them dearly.

A search engine is doable for a niche.  Freely slurping all the content, well site owners probably will complain loudly as it taxes resources.

Highly advise limited scope to test whatever you do start --- like to one site like vpsBoard.  Get that working with data set then expand.

My gripes about aggregators come from years of having content stolen, reused, chasing idiots over it and finally just saying screw it.  I won't even go into the mess search spiders can and do create.  Wild West still persists.

Abdussamad

Work on your google skills and you won't need a central repository. A central repository is never going to work because people are selfish and will only contribute to their own sites. Also it's better if a "thousand flowers bloom" because competition among webmasters will spur them to create better content.

amuck-landowner