amuck-landowner

Too True

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah...  

The "Entrance level" job for my major require at minimum 2 years of experience. 

Talk about a fun time for my classmates straight out of finishing their Bachelors.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Networking and knowing people will land you a potential job if you're coming fresh out of college/university otherwise it's the Wild Wild West out there with equally qualified people vying for the same job.

blergh

Verified Provider
I feel that the IT-sector isn't really impacted by this as much as other sectors are. If you have assburgers and are a helluva coder it is way easier for you to land a job here than if you were trying to land a job as say.. a salesperson-in-a-cubicle (telemarketing?)

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I feel that the IT-sector isn't really impacted by this as much as other sectors are. If you have assburgers and are a helluva coder it is way easier for you to land a job here than if you were trying to land a job as say.. a salesperson-in-a-cubicle (telemarketing?)
I can only speak for myself and the company that I work for. My daily job is to be the IT-manager/IT-department of the customers I have.

This lets me "know" some other business then my own.

What I've noticed lately is that companys in the production sector are having a hard time, compared to the companys that are selling services.

We, on the other hand have recently landed a handful of new jobs that actually had us hire some new employees.

From a more personal point when looking for a new job or even a first job, you need to have connections. If you don't know someone on the "inside" it's really hard to get employed. Atleast here in Sweden.

amuck-landowner