amuck-landowner

TV that supports 2560x1440?

devonblzx

Verified Provider
So I decided to update this after actually buying a TV.  I actually ended up replacing my dual monitor setup in my office with a 39" Seiki UHD that I got a deal on for Cyber Monday and so far so good after a few days.

I'm running Win DPI at 150% and 3820x2140 and couldn't be happier so far.  The 30hz doesn't make a noticeable difference.  That is all most TVs and Monitors support if you use HDMI because of the HDMI 1.4 limitation.  This is a 2013 model TV so it doesn't have HDMI 2 support (but neither do 99% of video cards) and for the price I paid ($350 with a 4 year third party warranty), I really can't argue.  It runs at 120hz at 1080p, so if you truly need over 30hz, you can set it to 1080 and sit back a bit.

Watching movies doesn't make much of a difference because most everything is filmed at 24fps (unless you like the fake soap opera effect of some tvs) and for normal desktop work, it isn't affected.

Text is crisp just like a monitor.  Had to tune the settings a bit on the TV and a few apps that didn't scale well with DPI but now everything looks great.  It is like having 4 19" 1080 monitors in one screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner