amuck-landowner

Twitter campaigns

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Anyone here having any success with them? I just started an ad-campaign for vpsBoard on Twitter and so far the results are so-so.

Namely, I wanted to have promoted tweets and URLs that display to those who follow other accounts on Twitter in an effort to attract some new followers to @vpsBoard, and in turn, attract them to the site here. What I've noticed is that despite having over 20,000 impressions I've only gotten about 45 clicks and out of the 23 new followers I've gained, probably 5 or 6 appear legit accounts owned by real people, with real interest. I clicked through some of the odd looking ones, checked out who they follow, and they don't follow any of the accounts I selected for targeting visitors for. Damn bots.

Campaign will run for a few more days before the funds are depleted. Curious if anyone here actively promotes on Twitter and how it's going for you and if my experience is normal or not.

NodeWest-Dan

Wading through the spam and ridiculous amounts of bad accounts is hard. We tried a twitter campaign to little success.

I don't really know if the target audience is there. We tries all sorts of hashtags and ways to get ourselves out there but nothing has worked so far.

I too am curious if anyone has gotten these to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I've tested addmefast with retweets and the result has been so-so.

My budget to promote via twitter or facebook is almost none at the moment.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Paying to promote on Twitter... Uggh... don't say you did that...

It's a developed niche for mega brands mainly.  And for mass personalities to get paid to promote tripe.

Small upstart brand, it's just more chatter/feeder content for twitter/self promotion.

Traffic either way from Twitter is massively scrapers, bots, automated non humans.  Junk that costs you to serve them.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Traffic either way from Twitter is massively scrapers, bots, automated non humans.  Junk that costs you to serve them.
You could say that about most things online, then.

The idea of paying to promote on Twitter was that if you're following, for example, @Linode or @cPanel or @_OpenVZ_, etc that there would be a promoted link to @vpsBoard in the "Who to follow" sidebar when viewing those or a sponsored Tweet appearing in the Twitter feed from those who don't follow @vpsBoard that displays as: http://i.imgur.com/dHcm2nK.png/ It's supposed to be highly targeted and I'm trying to attract more people here that are not from the lowend, so some other big brand's followers are being targeted, too.

Sadly the internet is full of shit traffic though. :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Disgracebook is worth developing a section for vpsBoard, even though I avoid it entirely.  Advertising there, meh, set a low budget that is able to be donated and see how it goes.  You know drinking tab when I come to town.

My phobia / warning about all of these is the nature of the traffic is barely targeted.   Me, I'd start finding other niche overlap communities.  Will PM you.

vampireJ

Well if you have the time you can always study the twitter and facebook apis. Would be possible to get some free ads somehow.

vps24.net

Verified Provider
I`m affraid that success campain on twitter is reserver for the fat wallets only (simmilar as drmike thinks) :)

To target really audience is veeery very hard.

Regs

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner