amuck-landowner

[US/EU/ASIA] WebUp 24/7 - Cloud Backup Starting at 10$/Semi-Annually or 8$/Monthly

logo2.png
 ​
About WebUp 24/7

WebUp 24/7 is a web hosting provider comprised of talented developers and much more. All of us at WebUp 24/7 are a lot like you, making it easier for us to understand and deliver exactly what it is that you need. Read more -->

Cloud Backup Packages

All packages come with:

• Windows/Linux/MAC Platform
  • Custom Backup
  • Multiple Backups
  • Microsoft Exchange
  • SQL Server
  • Redundant Connections
  • Backup Database/Data
  • Encrypted Data
Trial - 30 Days

• 1GB Storage
  • Order Workstation: US - EU - ASIA
  • Order Server: US - EU - ASIA

Small Package - $10/6 Months

• 2GB Storage
Basic Package - $8/Monthly

• 10GB Storage
Standard Package - $16/Monthly

• 20GB Storage
Advanced Package - $24/Monthly

• 30GB Storage

Other usefull links

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I am quite confused by this advertisement.  First of all, what back-up software is used for this?  Is this R1soft? Secondly, why does your Basic Plan come with 10Gb and your Standard Plan only come with 1Gb of space?  Thirdly, if you find it important to advertise locations, wouldn't it be a keen thought to include a way to traceroute and test connectivity to the locations, like I don't know... an ip to test or a looking glass?  

By the way, where is the "10$/Semi-Annually" that you are listing in the topic of the thread?

If you are going to take the time to advertise something and attach the word 'Cloud' to it, don't you  think you at least owe the customer a description of what they are buying??  What is 'Cloud' about your service? You seem to want more for your 'Cloud' back-up product than most want for their regular R1soft, so what makes your product worth the extra money?  What kind of hardware do these servers run?  Do they use raid?  Is it SAS or SATA or SSD?  Whats the speed of the network connection?

I am sorry but there is just so much information missing from this that I couldn't even start to consider purchasing services with you.  Also, your website is even broken, If you try to click "Workstations Plans" "Trial" or "Server Plans" from the front page it doesn't work.  Your datacenter page includes information about your shared platform, but says nothing about this mysterious back-up service and what is being used for it.  Do you have a business license in Portugal for your company or are you a registered business?  Do you have a mailing address or an address which your company is located at that you receive mail for your business at? Can you be reached by phone?

Your domain was only registered 3 months ago, how long have you actually been in business?

Hate to brow beat a new comer, but most of what I mentioned should be common sense to add to your advertisement.  Plus you need to have someone proofread your ad before you post it, seems like there are some typos in  your plan descriptions.

Cheers!
Hello LinuxBig.

I apologize for the delay on answering to you. Regarding the backup software it is a Software developed by us, that only works with our servers.

Disk Space on the Standard plan has been edited to 20GB. The 10$/Semi-Annualy Plan is the "Small Package" that was edited too.

To test locations please signup for trials, but according to your location we advise you to use the location that is near to you.

You can use our service to backup your workstation or servers, at anytime. We also support Exchange, SQL Server, MySQL and an Hyper-V plugin. Our servers use Raid-10 and we also backup all of them every 12 hours to secondary servers.

Problems on our frontpage have been fixed now. Since this is a new product that we are starting to provide, we are still updating our Datacenter page.

Our business is registered under a persons name (Henrique Sousa), since we still don't have enough market quota to be able to register a business under a companies name. We do not provide phone support, we had this kind of support a few months ago, but solve issues through phone is slower than solving them through our ticket system.

Previously me and some of my Techs we worked in other companies, which I am not going to refer them. But I can ensure you that we work in the hosting business since 2009.

Yours Sincerely,

Henrique Sousa

(WebUp 24/7)

TheLinuxBug

Okay, I am quite confused by this advertisement.  First of all, what back-up software is used for this?  Is this R1soft? Secondly, why does your Basic Plan come with 10Gb and your Standard Plan only come with 1Gb of space?  Thirdly, if you find it important to advertise locations, wouldn't it be a keen thought to include a way to traceroute and test connectivity to the locations, like I don't know... an ip to test or a looking glass?  

By the way, where is the "10$/Semi-Annually" that you are listing in the topic of the thread?

If you are going to take the time to advertise something and attach the word 'Cloud' to it, don't you  think you at least owe the customer a description of what they are buying??  What is 'Cloud' about your service? You seem to want more for your 'Cloud' back-up product than most want for their regular R1soft, so what makes your product worth the extra money?  What kind of hardware do these servers run?  Do they use raid?  Is it SAS or SATA or SSD?  Whats the speed of the network connection?

I am sorry but there is just so much information missing from this that I couldn't even start to consider purchasing services with you.  Also, your website is even broken, If you try to click "Workstations Plans" "Trial" or "Server Plans" from the front page it doesn't work.  Your datacenter page includes information about your shared platform, but says nothing about this mysterious back-up service and what is being used for it.  Do you have a business license in Portugal for your company or are you a registered business?  Do you have a mailing address or an address which your company is located at that you receive mail for your business at? Can you be reached by phone?

Your domain was only registered 3 months ago, how long have you actually been in business?

Hate to brow beat a new comer, but most of what I mentioned should be common sense to add to your advertisement.  Plus you need to have someone proofread your ad before you post it, seems like there are some typos in  your plan descriptions.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner