amuck-landowner

Uses For Outgoing Bandwidth?

Kenshin

Verified Provider
Anyone has suggestions to sell or use pure outgoing bandwidth (to Internet)? I have quite a bit of outgoing capacity from Singapore that's unused and already paid for. Incoming capacity fully used, so VPN usage is out of the question.

CDN already considered, but people probably want US/EU hosts more than SG for reduced latency to the larger US/EU markets. Public mirror considered, but plenty of other mirrors around already. Have considered legal torrenting but most public projects should already be well seeded.

Anyone has ideas they would like to share? Hit me up privately if you don't want to share in thread.

Kenshin

Verified Provider

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
FreeBSD needs ~1TB to mirror properly :(

I considered doing one on mirrors.buyvm.net but I'll need to beef out the mirrors box.

Francisco

Kenshin

Verified Provider
I had a 24TB capacity internal mirror box couple of years back. Loaded in everything that looked useful, including debian/ubuntu cd archives. Justification was that it took too long to download ISOs in those days, having an internal mirror means ISOs were immediately available whenever a customer wanted an install. FreeBSD full FTP mirror because downloading from port sources was "annoying", using local mirror for port sources was less annoying.

Today, 4TB capacity internal mirror for just centos/debian/openvz/ubuntu with plenty of room. Download speeds from most mirrors are in tens of MB/sec, no longer a problem to get things pretty fast even ISOs.

Kenshin

Verified Provider
I have some spare hardware for a 14TB server on RAID6. Considering between setting up OS mirror or Sourceforge mirror, since the closest sourceforge mirror in southeast asia seems to be Taiwan or Australia.

amuck-landowner