amuck-landowner

VirtuaClub.com Los Angeles! OnApp KVM CLOUD starting at $2.48/Month for the first 3 months!

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
logo.png

Hello!

Virtua Realm L.L.C of Michigan is proud to announce 3 months 50% off on cloud services on VirtuaClub.com

512MB Memory

1 Core Processor

20GB DiskSpace

1TB Transfer

1 IP Address

Located in Los Angeles, California

FREE BACKUPS INSTANT SETUP

3 months 50% off!

ORDER NOW!

Coupon code: ITCOMESIN3S

Test IP: 216.144.225.250

Speed Test File

About us:

Virtua Realm LLC consists of a small but growing team that shares a common passion for the web hosting industry. Each of us strive to provide the customer quality services and support, but above all else, exceed expectations. Our globally diverse team consists of talented people who individually bring years of experience to our company. In short, we just want to offer you the reliability you would expect from a cloud service provider, with excellent support and at a price that will not break the bank.

Our cloud is 100% owned and operated by Virtua Realm LLC. We have colocated our gear in Los Angeles, California direct with Quadranet.

Learn more about onapp here: http://onapp.com/cloud/faqs/

Terms of Service: https://www.virtuaclub.com/terms-of-service.php

Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to ask.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
The upstream Quadranet mix you have, what upstreams are in it for Asian customers?
HEY @drmike!

To answer your question Quadranet currently has the following Bandwidth Blends. All these combined make a great experience for Asia as well as the USA!

nLayer -- Transit -- 2 x 10Gbps

Tiscali -- Transit -- 2 x 10Gbps

PCCW/BTN -- Transit -- 1 x 10Gbps

ChinaUnicom -- Transit -- 1 x 10Gbps

Equinix Exchange -- Peering -- 1 x 10Gbps

Any2Exchange -- Peering - 1 x 10Gbps

BBOI/Host.net -- Peering -- 2 x 10Gbps

HiNet Taiwan -- Peering -- 1 x 10Gbps

TeliaSonera -- Peering - 1x 10Gbps

Plus hundreds of additional network peers

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- that beats the nearly single homed Zayo bandwidth with a fleck of nLayer inbound (all Zayo outbound) that the subletters from Buffalo now have in LAX at Quadranet.  Clearly, they dumped Quadra for bandwidth and are paying for a cheap cross connect.

Silly me, I thought *maybe* Quadranet made some bandwidth mix changes. Nope, just Colocrossing going to an unacceptable cheap mix that isn't suitable for most of Asia (Zayo does alright to Japan).

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
^--- that beats the nearly single homed Zayo bandwidth with a fleck of nLayer inbound (all Zayo outbound) that the subletters from Buffalo now have in LAX at Quadranet.  Clearly, they dumped Quadra for bandwidth and are paying for a cheap cross connect.

Silly me, I thought *maybe* Quadranet made some bandwidth mix changes. Nope, just Colocrossing going to an unacceptable cheap mix that isn't suitable for most of Asia (Zayo does alright to Japan).
You bet it does! I have nothing but good things to say about the Quadranet bandwidth blend! I don't believe they have dropped anyone recently only the total opposite and added carriers.  

The host you are referring to only uses Quadranets space+power and dumped their bandwidth a while back. Whom I have no affiliation with. 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
I guess IPv6 still pending, but otherwise good job!
Thanks! If you are a current customer you will have received the email below. We are currently ditching OnApp and going to a different cloud platform which has more features including the ability to use custom ISO's  and better IPv6 support. :)

IF YOU HAVE NOT YET CONTACTED US PLEASE DO SO ASAP!

First of all we would like to thank you for being a customer of VirtuaClub.com a subsidy of Virtua Realm L.L.C of Michigan.

As you may know, we have been experiencing constant issues with our cloud platform/control panel, such as hard drives locking up, delays and issues with destroying VMs, VM Hard drives going ready-only, the list goes on. We have worked constantly with our cloud software provider to resolve these issues but they keep reoccurring.  So we have decided a new course of action by moving over to a new panel which will provide a much more relaxed environment and much easier to use from an end-user point of view.  However, this move does come with a price where we need to move current customers onto a temporary KVM powered node so we can prepare the cloud platform for the transition.

At this time we have 2 options available for moving over to this temporary KVM node. The migration from a vanilla KVM node to our new Cloud Platform is seamless so there would be no further migrations required.

Option 1: Manual Transfer: we can transfer your instance to our temporary node.

-       For us to do this for you, you would need to provide us with as much detail about your VM as possible, along with its root password.  We would need specific file locations of where they are and where they need to be moved to.

Option 2: We can setup an NFS Share of your instance allowing you to transfer your data to a host of your choosing.

-       We can setup an NFS share between the old VM and the new VM so you have direct access to the old VM, allowing you to move your data.

You are more than welcome to carry out the migration yourself but we are here to help if the need is required.

We’d like to take this time to fully apologize to those that have experienced the above mentioned issues and guarantee that once the migration is over, those issues will be in the past and we’ll be able to grow our reputation with you further as well as build our business portfolio and reputation as well.

Please respond to this email by August 5, 2014 to arrange your preferred migration method.

If you currently reside on one of our Free Beta plans and no longer wish to use it, please contact us and we disable your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner