amuck-landowner

VPS/cPanel permissions problem

ridike

Hi,

Can anybody help me with a permissions problem on a VPS? Whenever I create a cPanel account and log in to FTP/SFTP to the new account, I don't have permissions to edit the files or to do different things with them. I have to login with the root user or to give 777 to the whole folder of the cPanel's account in order to be able to edit the files with the cPanel account.

For example I upload a CMS package, unzip and install it but I can't because I don't have permissions to the folders/files, I have to log in with root to give the correct permissions. The same is when I install something with Softaculous, I can't edit the files afterwards, only with root user.

Somebody told be something about the usergroups are not correctly set up. I couldn't find a solution on google, hopefully I can find here.

Thank you very much!

NodePacket

Verified Provider
Do you have any settings that could be setting this? Have you logged in via root and recursively changed permissions? I've never seen this on a cPanel type server, but I have on a server we setup. It was doing it via apache.

BuzzzHost

Hello,

You should also try running

/scripts/fixeverything

from the command line of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner