amuck-landowner

VPS for backup videos

Hxxx

I'm searching for a VPS provider that allows me to upload videos, possible digital movies and random videos. This for backup and for possible download from another computer I own in a different location. No warez or illegal distribution, all of this for private use.

Normally any decent vps providers would allow this, but I dont want to have any kind of problem like a provider mistaken my vps for warez or etc, when is just for legal use.

Now I coud get a service like crashplan for this, but just wanted to know, how would you do it?

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Isn't it possible to just synch stuff with Seafile and have it encrypted? Admittedly, I haven't looked into Seafile _that_ much and what sort of encryption it does and how it does it - but that might be an option: install it, synchronize your stuff to the VPS running the Seafile instance, and keep it encrypted. The way I see it is that this configuration would protect you from snoopy, snoopy providers.

I may be wrong, though.  :) 

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
If the provider never gets a dmca, how would they know?

Certainly, using a vps to backup one's files is very common. If you're not publicly distributing, hard to see where you will go wrong.

Or use dropbox, etc.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
rsync.

Yeppers... can do this with any provider... ideally no one should be in your files like that to notice anything.

NodeWest-Dan

Could use crashplan. Pay for two computers upload the movies then restore them on the other PC ate your convenience

shovenose

Verified Provider
In this case i recommend a managed dedicated server from Rackspace. ;-)
SingleHop is more expensive. A good choice would be to get a Rackspace Managed Dedicated Server and then back that up to a SingleHop Managed Dedicated Server.

BuyCPanel-Kevin

Verified Provider
Well for what you need it doesn't look like uptime, or server quality matters too much, just hard drive space. So you might want to find a provider from one of the nordic countries, anyone will really do considering your low requirements

amuck-landowner