amuck-landowner

VPS provider with free NodePing Account?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Who out there VPS provider wise is a NodePing partner? 

Looking for a VPS with a provider who offers multiple included NodePing monitors.

Reply here or PM me. 

Jack

I didn't know they offered a partnership?

I have a nodeping account I could give you some checks on.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- ads?  What ads :)

Need monitoring for my net-connected  pacemaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

blergh

Verified Provider
I wouldn't trust NodePing with anything, tried it after considering moving away from Pingdom (due to the costs) but it's just far too spotty. It's similar to doing it yourself and slapping the monitoring system on ServerCrate..

Jack

I wouldn't trust NodePing with anything, tried it after considering moving away from Pingdom (due to the costs) but it's just far too spotty. It's similar to doing it yourself and slapping the monitoring system on ServerCrate..
It's not... All monitoring via Nodeping has been 100% to me.

I haven't had any false positives other than down alerts being for 'packetloss' but I want to be alerted of that as it's not normal operations. 

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I wouldn't trust NodePing with anything, tried it after considering moving away from Pingdom (due to the costs) but it's just far too spotty.
Nodeping is good.

You can setup the number of retries before an alert is sent:

nodeping-sensitivity.jpg

It is only spotty if you want it to be spotty.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I would take NodePing over Pingdom any day. I used to think Pingdom was good but that was until I noticed that they didn't notify me of ANY outages they recorded. I thought I was getting good service from them until I decided to login to my account and see they were registering outages none of my other monitors saw and weren't even bother notifying me of any downtime they recorded.

I'm taking a look at the NodePing API now and hope to integrate it into WHMCS for our clients in the near future. :)

KS_Phillip

Verified Provider
Hmm... The advertisements on the right hand side of VPSBoard are telling me that you can get nodeping monitoring here

https://my.knightswarm.com/index.php?/cart/openvz-vps&utm_source=vpsboard&utm_medium=125&utm_campaign=vpsboard+pro-openvz
We do indeed offer NodePing to our customers.  Just open a ticket and request it.

It's all about choosing a nearby region (i.e. US vs EU) and tuning the sensitivity.  We've had far fewer false positives since doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner