amuck-landowner

VPS Services In Metro-Detroit / Detroit?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I was wondering who all is providing services in the Metro-Detroit / Detroit area?

• ErrantWeb
  • Magoro
who else?
I'm sure there is more than just you and someone else. I hope the DC has armed guards and the racks are literally bolted to the ground with chains around the servers. Detroit is rough.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
D10Host is offering services out of there, but their SSL certificate is expired. :(

Hassan

Verified Provider
I'm sure there is more than just you and someone else. I hope the DC has armed guards and the racks are literally bolted to the ground with chains around the servers. Detroit is rough.
Its really safe where he has his nodes, they're hosted in Troy, MI, so its far enough away from the really ghetto areas to be safe while still being a metro Detroit location.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Definitely not a local market I think would be very compelling or lucrative.  

Detroit has become the land of $2k or less for a house. 

For population 25 years and over in Detroit:
  • High school or higher: 69.6%

Ouchie there!

The crime rate for last 10 years is only 3x the national average.  They bag about 1 homicide every single day of the year though.

17.5% unemployment rate in Detroit at last check.   Been in double digits (low of 12%+) since 2004.

Troy though is completely the opposite :) Much more well to do, very low crime, lots of Asian immigrants.

ErrantWeb-Travis

Verified Provider
Definitely not a local market I think would be very compelling or lucrative.  

Detroit has become the land of $2k or less for a house. 

For population 25 years and over in Detroit:
  • High school or higher: 69.6%

Ouchie there!

The crime rate for last 10 years is only 3x the national average.  They bag about 1 homicide every single day of the year though.

17.5% unemployment rate in Detroit at last check.   Been in double digits (low of 12%+) since 2004.

Troy though is completely the opposite :) Much more well to do, very low crime, lots of Asian immigrants.
Yeah, Troy was rated one of the lowest crime city's at one point I believe. http://www.areavibes.com/troy-mi/crime/

They don't really have any DC's in downtown Detroit anyways. Also the Troy, DC I'm at you can't even get into the lobby without being buzzed in.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Also the Troy, DC I'm at you can't even get into the lobby without being buzzed in.

I remember a "datacenter" in past several years in Chicago where vandals crashed and robbed the place I believe twice.

Inner cities aren't any place for sane business folks, at least in the major US metros.

amuck-landowner