amuck-landowner

vpsBoard birthday contest! Enter to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Howdy folks, MannDude here. On March 8th vpsBoard celebrated it's one year birthday! What better time than now to run a contest? Here is how to enter:

• Write a tutorial, product/service review (does not need to be a VPS review, but related), or share a custom tool/script that you wrote that would be beneficial to our visitor base.
  • Respond to this thread with the URL to your entry.

Woah, that's simple. You can enter as many times as you wish, there is no limit on how many entries you can submit.

On April 10th entries will no longer be accepted and a poll will be started for the community to start voting on tutorials they found most beneficial. If you submitted more than one tutorial, the total votes for your combined entires will tally towards your overall vote count. (For example, if one tutorial of yours received three votes, and your other tutorial received 2 votes... you've received 5 votes total which may be greater than another member's single entry that received 4 votes). Voting will be open for 2 weeks, plenty of time for you to solicit social media for votes for your submitted entries, and the winners will be announced on April 24th. In the event of a tie, I'll start a new thread, with a new poll, so those who already voted can re-vote for the 3 top entries. If there is another tie, myself, Martin, and HalfEatenPie will enter our underground lair and will not return until we have chosen a winner.

Whats the prizes?

• 1st Prize: $200 Amazon Gift Card
  • 2nd Prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card
  • 3rd Prize:  $50 Amazon Gift Card

I'm looking forward to seeing your submitted entries.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Originally I was going to send out Raspberry Pi's, domains, SSLs, etc... but those are items you likely already have, don't need, or in the case of the Raspberry Pi... can buy yourself with your Amazon gift card! Thanks @KuJoe for the idea of using Amazon gift cards!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Can you explain that? Do you mean a script/tool for this website?
Sorry, should have been more clear. Maybe you've created a little script that helps assist with setup of servers you deploy, maybe there is a change you make on all servers you setup that you do for your own preference. Perhaps you've written a tool/script that helps you diagnose network issues, etc.

So it doesn't need to be a tool/script 'for' vpsBoard, just something that was created by yourself that may be beneficial to the community in general.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Keep em' coming. Email blast will be sent out soon to wake up some of the idles.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Do previously shared tools/scripts count? 
I'd be more likely to accept that as an entry if there was a more recent update of some sort made. I'm allowing () because it was submitted within 24 hours of this contest. The contest is to encourage some new content creation, and while the Server Status script would be a definite contender (great tool, btw) your thread was created last September. If I allowed everyone to use their old threads then it's unlikely people would submit anything new. :)

However if you want, start a new thread for ServerStatus3 when/if it's ready within the timeframe of this contest and that'll be acceptable!

hellogoodbye

Sounds like I don't have a chance in hell of winning anything even if I tried, but I really appreciate what you're doing for the forum! It's always great to see people contributing new content, especially stuff that may one day be useful to me. ;)

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Interesting idea, I am working on a large post & software project currently (as a few people know). It wasn't designed with this in mind, however Ill enter it if qualifies (it might make it in before the cut-off) :p

I hope lots of interesting stuff gets posted, I look forward to seeing new and exciting stuff. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sounds like I don't have a chance in hell of winning anything even if I tried, but I really appreciate what you're doing for the forum! It's always great to see people contributing new content, especially stuff that may one day be useful to me. ;)
Doesn't hurt to try!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Maybe I'll send in my ColoCrossing loves SPAM BASH script.  Current hobby project to babysit the bad boys of IP soiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner